Ron

I no longer get a dialogue box asking for action to take when I plug in my
USB camera or USB Sandisk memory card reader. I may have accidentally turned
this off but, I have tried to turn it on again by right clicking on the
camera and the card reader in My Computer and choosing Properties. I have
chosen to be prompted for action to be taken but this doesn't work.

Is there anything else that I can do to fix this?
--

Ron P

Sometimes you're the windshield:)
Sometimes you're the bug:(

"Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote:

>I no longer get a dialogue box asking for action to take when I plug in my
>USB camera or USB Sandisk memory card reader. I may have accidentally turned
>this off but, I have tried to turn it on again by right clicking on the
>camera and the card reader in My Computer and choosing Properties. I have
>chosen to be prompted for action to be taken but this doesn't work.

See if AutoPlay is off in TweakUI > My Computer > AutoPlay > Types.
TweakUI is available from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp.

--
(tm)

Ron

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote:
>
>>I no longer get a dialogue box asking for action to take when I plug in my
>>USB camera or USB Sandisk memory card reader. I may have accidentally
>>turned
>>this off but, I have tried to turn it on again by right clicking on the
>>camera and the card reader in My Computer and choosing Properties. I have
>>chosen to be prompted for action to be taken but this doesn't work.
>
> See if AutoPlay is off in TweakUI > My Computer > AutoPlay > Types.
> TweakUI is available from
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp.

According to TweakUI, AutoPlay is enabled on all drives including removable
drives.

Ron

"Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote:

>According to TweakUI, AutoPlay is enabled on all drives including removable
>drives.

Then you may be able to undo this in the Explorer. Right-click the
drive > Properties > AutoPlay.

--
(tm)