jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

I have a 40GB hard drive that is partitioned into 2 drives, C & D ... C: is
about 15GB and D: is 35GB -- I'd like to keep my applications/programs on the
C:drive, and have my documents, pictures, & music on the larger D:drive... .
but the paths for MyPictures, MyDocuments, and MyMusic are all directed to
the C:drive,,,,,,, how do I get these re-directed ?

TweakUI v2.00 for Windows XP/XP MCE [564 KB].
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

TweakUI v2.10 for Windows XP SP1/XP MCE/2003 [147 KB].
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

How to redirect Special folders in Windows XP:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/redirectfolders.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

jamie wrote:

>I have a 40GB hard drive that is partitioned into 2 drives, C & D ... C: is
>about 15GB and D: is 35GB -- I'd like to keep my applications/programs on the
>C:drive, and have my documents, pictures, & music on the larger D:drive... .
>but the paths for MyPictures, MyDocuments, and MyMusic are all directed to
>the C:drive,,,,,,, how do I get these re-directed ?

Open a My Computer window on D, another on
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\
to show My Documents (and similar) , then with the *right* Mouse button
down, drag the My Documents across, and on release take *Move* here

That will move the files (which probably add to a lot of disk use) and
update the registry so references to 'My Documents'look in the right
place