Wavebuddy wireless driver

I can't find the driver cd for my cheapo Wavebuddy 802.11b wireless
PCMCIA card. Their web site doesn't seem to exist at this moment, so I
was hoping someone who does have their cd would be willing to zip up the
files and email them to me.. or maybe somewhere online does actually
have them.

Thanks!

Jon
8 answers Last reply
More about wavebuddy wireless driver

    I happen to have one of these cards, bought it retail.

    I'm sorry you have one too.. I never got it to work for me. But, I do
    have the original CD and can zip up drivers you need to see if the
    card will work for you.

    If anyone else needs WaveBuddy..PM me and Ill see what i can do!

    ==============

    Hello guys...
    listen, I had the same problem with that cheap card, but I finally got
    it to work...
    This is what I did: I moved all 3 files manually to the folders
    where the belong, I moved the .sys files to c:\winnt\drivers\ but
    that didn't work..
    I also moved the .INF file to the winnt\inf restarted, but that
    didn't work ether... I uninstalled the card after that and right
    there I scanned for new hardware when it got detected it I installed
    the Win NT 4 drivers that are in the CD (not the XP or win200) and it
    asked me for another .sys file that I browsed on the same CD. and now
    I am using this card at this moment.
    by the way I have Windows XP...

    ==============

[...]

    Thank you so much for your tip, it worked like a charm. I thought I
    was going to have to buy a more "mainstream" product to get back
    online!

    I just stumbled onto this forum and thread so hope some of you are
    still out there and can give me a hand.

    I too am trying to get a Wavebuddy to work with my computer. In my
    case, I've an older Dell Latitude XPi with two 16 bit (not Cardbus)
    PCMCIA slots running Windows 98. I just got the card this last week -
    complete with the installation CD. Follwing the installation
    instructions seemed to work, but I couldn't connebt to my network.
    System Manager shows problems with the driver installation so I tried
    re-installing (again, and again, and again...)

    I tried copying files like agc187 said he did but it didn't help. I
    tried WinNT as well as Win95 drivers but to no avail. I did download
    Windows 98 updates but that didn't help.

    Has anyone been able to get this card to work with Windows 98? Is
    there any other tech support avialable since www.11wave.com is no
    longer active?

    Hi

    I cant seem to find any drivers for this pcmcia card. Havent got a cd
    with drivers. Can anyone give me a working link for this?

    skappel :lol:
  8. Hello,

    I saw that you have the drivers for this horrible piece of hardware. Do you still have them? Can you please help me?

    Thanks

    Rahhstah said:

    I happen to have one of these cards, bought it retail.

    I'm sorry you have one too.. I never got it to work for me. But, I do
    have the original CD and can zip up drivers you need to see if the
    card will work for you.

    If anyone else needs WaveBuddy..PM me and Ill see what i can do!

Hewlett Packard Wireless CD-Rom Computers