trouble with too many computers

Down in the bottom right hand corner of my screen I had two little computers
one of which lights up when I connect to the internet. I have installed Media
Player and I don't know if thats caused my problem or not. When I turned on
my computer the other day I now have four little computers, two with crosses
thru them and two which happily flash away when I'm connected. I have Windows
XP and as an older user I'm very inexperienced with these technical things,.
Could someone please help me??

Start > Settings > Network Connections > Are there four (4) different
connections listed here? Are they all legitimate?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

"Old but not Out" <Old but not Out@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:93150CCF-01F4-4FFF-9E28-272DB9161A6A@microsoft.com...
> Down in the bottom right hand corner of my screen I had two little
> computers
> one of which lights up when I connect to the internet. I have installed
> Media
> Player and I don't know if thats caused my problem or not. When I turned
> on
> my computer the other day I now have four little computers, two with
> crosses
> thru them and two which happily flash away when I'm connected. I have
> Windows
> XP and as an older user I'm very inexperienced with these technical
> things,.
> Could someone please help me??

qwerty

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002

fication the ones with lines in them are probaly your lan connection..go to
start/connect to/show all connections/right click on local area
connection/click disable// also go to properties on right click/uncheck show
icon in notification area when connected..you dont need these as long as your
using a dial up internet service provider "isp" they do no harm if you just
want to ignore them