Folder Options Problem

- I created a folder icon on the desktop.

- right click on the icon, i see Search..., explorer, and open, where
search is selected (bold).

- when I left click to open the folder, the search companion view comes
up, instead of opening in the explorer view.

- I have gone to explorer\tools\folder options\file types\ none\folder
and selected explorer as the default, but that doesn't help.

- I think something in the registry is incorrectly set, and override
the folder options setting.

- I'm also not sure how this happenned, unless it was done via a MS
update install.

Can anyone help me????

--
ejaggers
1 answer Last reply

    Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
    when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

    Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:ejaggers.1kiqdm@pcbanter.net,
    ejaggers <ejaggers.1kiqdm@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > - I created a folder icon on the desktop.
    >
    > - right click on the icon, i see Search..., explorer, and open, where
    > search is selected (bold).
    >
    > - when I left click to open the folder, the search companion view
    > comes up, instead of opening in the explorer view.
    >
    > - I have gone to explorer\tools\folder options\file types\ none\folder
    > and selected explorer as the default, but that doesn't help.
    >
    > - I think something in the registry is incorrectly set, and override
    > the folder options setting.
    >
    > - I'm also not sure how this happenned, unless it was done via a MS
    > update install.
    >
    > Can anyone help me????
    >

    > --
    > ejaggers