Folder View win explorer

February 16, 2005 12:34:56 PM

Hi,
I've seen a lot of posts around my issue, but nothing right on.
When I click on the desktop and create a new Shortcut for icon access to a
particular path, the window opens in single-pane view with neither the
search or the Folder buttons pressed. Clicking on Folder instantly presents
me with the double-pane folders view that I want.

How do I get the shortcut to open in the double-pane mode with the folder
tree on the left and the fodler's contents on the right?

The resulting display is the same, whether I use x:\, %systemroot%exp... ,
/e, /root, together or in combination. Yes, I know to watch the commas. I
do have the setting ticked for Remember Last View when the window closes.
What am I missing?

Regards,

Pop
---
Don't listen to what I SAID,
Listen to what I MEANT!
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:31:01 AM

so if you try this
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,root,C:\windows
does it work?

how about just
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e

"Pop" <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've seen a lot of posts around my issue, but nothing right on.
> When I click on the desktop and create a new Shortcut for icon access to a
> particular path, the window opens in single-pane view with neither the
> search or the Folder buttons pressed. Clicking on Folder instantly
> presents me with the double-pane folders view that I want.
>
> How do I get the shortcut to open in the double-pane mode with the folder
> tree on the left and the fodler's contents on the right?
>
> The resulting display is the same, whether I use x:\, %systemroot%exp... ,
> /e, /root, together or in combination. Yes, I know to watch the commas.
> I do have the setting ticked for Remember Last View when the window
> closes.
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pop
> ---
> Don't listen to what I SAID,
> Listen to what I MEANT!

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 6:37:05 AM

What you meant. You are so stupid you can't cope with a change in UI paradigms. Don't use compatability mode. I don't and haven't looked back for 5 years.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"Pop" <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net> wrote in message news:%23rCotSDFFHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I've seen a lot of posts around my issue, but nothing right on.
> When I click on the desktop and create a new Shortcut for icon access to a
> particular path, the window opens in single-pane view with neither the
> search or the Folder buttons pressed. Clicking on Folder instantly presents
> me with the double-pane folders view that I want.
>
> How do I get the shortcut to open in the double-pane mode with the folder
> tree on the left and the fodler's contents on the right?
>
> The resulting display is the same, whether I use x:\, %systemroot%exp... ,
> /e, /root, together or in combination. Yes, I know to watch the commas. I
> do have the setting ticked for Remember Last View when the window closes.
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pop
> ---
> Don't listen to what I SAID,
> Listen to what I MEANT!

Related resources
February 17, 2005 11:06:31 PM

Mark Dormer wrote:
> so if you try this
> C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,root,C:\windows
> does it work?

===> Almost. But that brings up a tree of ONLY C:\windows. Nothing above
that path, including other drives, folders not in/under that path, etc.. It
would be useful if all the work was in windows or below, but ... . Oh, and
I'm also specifically trying to do this on drives other than C, FWIW.

> how about just
> C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e
===> Didn't try; I need other drive specifiers, so that would only work on
C. I did try it with an added drive spec though, and still single-pane.

--
-----
How long did the 100 Year War Last?

Back again, eh CandyAss? You still can't read, know that? And your social
skills seem to be even worse than before. Mommy has to get you more meds
again I'm afraid. I don't think you've looked anywhere that the sun don't
shine in a lot more than 5 years; you need to wash your face

!