Storing Files from Network Drive on DVD

We have an HP dvd writer dvd200e.

It will not write files located on a network drive. I have 40GB of
data that needs to be off loaded unto DVDs.

Does anyone know if this deficiency has been overcome for this dvd
writer with new software/driver?

The underlying assumption here is that reading data from the network is not fast
enough to keep up with the timing required to do a continuous non-stop burn of a
DVD.

I doubt that most backup software packages would be able to deal with backup
from the net direct to a DVD. One of the popular CD/DVD burning packages like
Roxio's, NTI's, or Ahead's may do the trick for you by first copying data to a
local hard drive cache, because the local hard drive can usually feed data a the
required rate. Check out the features of the more advanced versions these
products, usually named "Pro"... Ben Myers

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:40:42 GMT, steve_podleski@worldnet.att.net (steve
podleski) wrote:

>We have an HP dvd writer dvd200e.
>
>It will not write files located on a network drive. I have 40GB of
>data that needs to be off loaded unto DVDs.
>
>Does anyone know if this deficiency has been overcome for this dvd
>writer with new software/driver?

Thanks, Ben