msn

February 16, 2005 1:41:07 PM

No LOL....I'm new!! My little msn man by the clock when I right click on him
and hit My E-mail box it goes to outlook. How do I get it to go to hotmail?
Another ? (lol) when I start up my windows, Yahoo messenger come up. How do I
make it go away? Thank you...

More about : msn

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:59:30 PM

Try http://windowsxp.mvps.org/hmposturl.htm

> Another ? (lol) when I start up my windows, Yahoo messenger come
> up. How do I make it go away? Thank you...

Somewhere in Yahoo Messenger Tools>Options (?) is a setting to load it at
Startup. You'll have to disable it there.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

The yahoo messenger is gone! I was trying to do it without logging on. MSN
didn't work. Know anything else?

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Tammie wrote:
> > No LOL....I'm new!! My little msn man by the clock when I right click on
> > him and hit My E-mail box it goes to outlook. How do I get it to go to
> > hotmail?
>
> Try http://windowsxp.mvps.org/hmposturl.htm
>
> > Another ? (lol) when I start up my windows, Yahoo messenger come
> > up. How do I make it go away? Thank you...
>
> Somewhere in Yahoo Messenger Tools>Options (?) is a setting to load it at
> Startup. You'll have to disable it there.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

February 16, 2005 9:25:27 PM

Is the "little msn man by the clock" an icon for MSN Messenger? In other
words, does MSN Messenger open when you double-click on the icon?
--
~PA Bear

Tammie wrote:
> The yahoo messenger is gone! I was trying to do it without logging on. MSN
> didn't work. Know anything else?
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Tammie wrote:
> > > No LOL....I'm new!! My little msn man by the clock when I right click
> > > on him and hit My E-mail box it goes to outlook. How do I get it to
> > > go to hotmail?
> >
> > Try http://windowsxp.mvps.org/hmposturl.htm
> >
> > > Another ? (lol) when I start up my windows, Yahoo messenger come
> > > up. How do I make it go away? Thank you...
> >
> > Somewhere in Yahoo Messenger Tools>Options (?) is a setting to load it
> > at Startup. You'll have to disable it there.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:25:28 PM

YES!! when I right click on him and hit My E-mail inbox it takes me to
outlook not hotmail.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Is the "little msn man by the clock" an icon for MSN Messenger? In other
> words, does MSN Messenger open when you double-click on the icon?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Tammie wrote:
> > The yahoo messenger is gone! I was trying to do it without logging on. MSN
> > didn't work. Know anything else?

> > > Try http://windowsxp.mvps.org/hmposturl.htm

> > > Somewhere in Yahoo Messenger Tools>Options (?) is a setting to load it
> > > at Startup. You'll have to disable it there.
> > > --
> > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > > MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

February 16, 2005 10:53:02 PM

to disable the yahoo from startup go to /start/run/type in /msconfig/click
ok/ on page go to startup scroll down to yahoo unclick box..after restart a
window will come up says you have changed system config click dont show
again..
are you confusing msn messenger with windows messenger??
windows messenger doesnt support plug ins after service pack 2
therefore it takes you to outlook express.the only cure is to use MSN
messenger or download older version of windows messenger. go to start /all
programs make sure you are getting msn not windows messenger instead of using
the "little guy"..
right click on msn in programs select pin to start menu if you want it handy
"Tammie" wrote:

> YES!! when I right click on him and hit My E-mail inbox it takes me to
> outlook not hotmail.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Is the "little msn man by the clock" an icon for MSN Messenger? In other
> > words, does MSN Messenger open when you double-click on the icon?
> > --
> > ~PA Bear
> >
> > Tammie wrote:
> > > The yahoo messenger is gone! I was trying to do it without logging on. MSN
> > > didn't work. Know anything else?

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 2:56:43 AM

Please answer all of the following questions, Tammie:

1. Open MSN Messenger then click on 'Help', then click on 'About MSN
Messenger' : What version is displayed here (e.g., 6.2.0137)?

2. Open and Internet Explorer window > Tools > Internet Options > Programs >
Mail > What's selected here? Should it be 'Hotmail'? Is 'Hotmail' one of
the choices?

4. Do you know what Automatic Updates is? Is it enabled (turned on)?

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306525
--
~PA Bear

Tammie wrote:
> YES!! when I right click on him and hit My E-mail inbox it takes me to
> outlook not hotmail.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Is the "little msn man by the clock" an icon for MSN Messenger? In
> > other words, does MSN Messenger open when you double-click on the icon?
> > --
> > ~PA Bear
> >
> > Tammie wrote:
> > > The yahoo messenger is gone! I was trying to do it without logging
> > > on. MSN didn't work. Know anything else?

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 2:57:37 AM

I'm afraid you've got the wrong ends of several sticks, Qwerty.

qwerty wrote:
> to disable the yahoo from startup go to /start/run/type in /msconfig/click
> ok/ on page go to startup scroll down to yahoo unclick box..after
> restart a window will come up says you have changed system config click
> dont show again..
> are you confusing msn messenger with windows messenger??
> windows messenger doesnt support plug ins after service pack 2
> therefore it takes you to outlook express.the only cure is to use MSN
> messenger or download older version of windows messenger. go to start /all
> programs make sure you are getting msn not windows messenger instead of
> using the "little guy"..
> right click on msn in programs select pin to start menu if you want it
> handy "Tammie" wrote:
>
> > YES!! when I right click on him and hit My E-mail inbox it takes me to
> > outlook not hotmail.
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> > > Is the "little msn man by the clock" an icon for MSN Messenger? In
> > > other words, does MSN Messenger open when you double-click on the
> > > icon? --
> > > ~PA Bear

February 17, 2005 9:57:03 AM

talk about having wrong end of a stick!!!! why confuse the issue??

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Please answer all of the following questions, Tammie:
>
> 1. Open MSN Messenger then click on 'Help', then click on 'About MSN
> Messenger' : What version is displayed here (e.g., 6.2.0137)?
>
> 2. Open and Internet Explorer window > Tools > Internet Options > Programs >
> Mail > What's selected here? Should it be 'Hotmail'? Is 'Hotmail' one of
> the choices?
>
> 4. Do you know what Automatic Updates is? Is it enabled (turned on)?
>
> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306525
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Tammie wrote:
> > YES!! when I right click on him and hit My E-mail inbox it takes me to
> > outlook not hotmail.
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> > > Is the "little msn man by the clock" an icon for MSN Messenger? In
> > > other words, does MSN Messenger open when you double-click on the icon?
> > > --
> > > ~PA Bear

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:11:05 PM

OK!! I went to MSN Messenger downloaded MSN 6.2 Then to WINDOWS Messenger and
unpin from start. I'm where I need to be! I upgraded from Millennium to XP I
didn't know there 2 Messengers. Thank you for your help!!

"qwerty" wrote:

> talk about having wrong end of a stick!!!! why confuse the issue??
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Please answer all of the following questions, Tammie:
> >
> > 1. Open MSN Messenger then click on 'Help', then click on 'About MSN
> > Messenger' : What version is displayed here (e.g., 6.2.0137)?
> >
> > 2. Open and Internet Explorer window > Tools > Internet Options > Programs >
> > Mail > What's selected here? Should it be 'Hotmail'? Is 'Hotmail' one of
> > the choices?
> >
> > 4. Do you know what Automatic Updates is? Is it enabled (turned on)?
> >
> > How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP:
> > --
> > ~PA Bear
> >

> > Tammie wrote:
> > > YES!! when I right click on him and hit My E-mail inbox it takes me to
> > > outlook not hotmail.

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:28:30 AM

OK.