Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAERO

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
Hi :D

im not sure how many of you remember/played Nexus, but i recently felt like playing
it through again, so i reinstalled it. But im having some problems, that i suspect are down me using vista 64 (home premium).

basically if i try and host a LAN game, the game crashes to desktop with "nexus.dx9 has stopped working" - naturally windows cannot find solution :heink:
The game does however run fine in single player, with the exception of one other problem; the pre-rendered cinematic videos' FPS suddenly hits a crawl about 30s or so in, which is not a MAJOR problem, but annoying never the less.

i have a feeling the mp issue might be to do with the direct play feature, as it has depreciated since XP, but im unsure.

any help would me much appreciated ^^

thx :D

p.s. my bro has a very similar hardware setup to me (q6600, 4gb ddr3, 8800 ultra, vista 64 ultimate etc...) and he has the exact same problems, which leads me to believe that this is probably not the kind of problem that can be easily fixed :(

XAERO

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
mmm, i had already tried that, but i tried again anywayz, and bizarrely, it fixed the problem i mentioned with slow fps in cutscenes, so thumbs up there ^^, however im still having the other problem, tho i noticed an error log has popped up next to the .exe in the game files, it reads the following:

***** ERROR
DirectX operation failed.

File: gserver.cpp
Line: 1234

Expression: CoCreateInstance(CLSID_DirectPlayVoiceServer, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IDirectPlayVoiceServer, (void**)&VServer)

Code: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG
Description: Class not registered

thx anyway :D

G

Not sure if you found this but Nexus wasn't designed for Vista and wasn't compatible in multiplayer. There is, however, a work-around, which you may find in my forums:

Nexus Reborn Forums
http://nexusreborn.com

~TE5LA (Admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.