Gaming on VW37L Vizio 37"

organikx

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Hey guys,
Have a pretty TECH savy question here. My general question is, Does anyone know the best Way to game on a Vizio 37" VW37L :ouch: . Thats my Current Monitor / Television. I play xbox, and it looks AMAZING. but, Im trying to use it for Pc gaming. Currently, im running windows Vista, 4gb of ddr2, XFX GeForce 9800 GTX + :whistle: , And looking for the best Way to display. Im running in VGA mode now, So the graphics look GREAT, but i know they could be better. Any suggestions? Or Hints or tips for gaming on a LCD HDTV ? ? Anything would help... Thanks alot...

James

ulysses35

Distinguished
Xbox 360 will no doubt look amazing, but you may find that games on your pc will not look so good. Xbox 360 & PS3 output video at a lower resolution than most current graphics cards.

What resultion is your 37" tv ? bear in mind that a dedicated pc monitor will often have a higher resolution in many case higher than required for HD output

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Although I did not mind my PC on my TV I only had a 1080i\720p TV so the resolution was not enough for me. I could do 1280x720 (looked clean, bad for web browsing) or 1360x768 (better for web, interpolated) and both looked decent.

I did find that my video card control panel had some nice tweaks (flicker, HDTV mode) that helped the quality some what. I would need to see a 1080p TV where size vs. distance was taken into account. We bought a 50" that is a little large for out tiny living room, I am pretty sure that is one reason I was not partial as well.

If you had a 1080p TV and a high end video card that would game at that resolution it should look fantastic if spaced far enough back.