Compatibility with Microsoft Photodraw

I have XP Home and I have been using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for some very
limited graphics applications. Lately I have gotten the message "Unable to
start application" when I attempt to use Photodraw. I tried to go back in
time using System Restore and reinstalling PhotoDraw and that worked for a
time but I'm back to the "Unable" message. I've tried to uninstall and
reinstall but no luck. Any ideas out there?
3 answers Last reply
More about compatibility microsoft photodraw

    Unfortunately Photodraw isn't supported on XP. In fact, it's been
    discontinued.
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/photodraw/discontinued.asp

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I have XP Home and I have been using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for some very
    >limited graphics applications. Lately I have gotten the message "Unable to
    >start application" when I attempt to use Photodraw. I tried to go back in
    >time using System Restore and reinstalling PhotoDraw and that worked for a
    >time but I'm back to the "Unable" message. I've tried to uninstall and
    >reinstall but no luck. Any ideas out there?

    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll have to learn a new program for my
    very limited usage.

    "Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvpsAM.org> wrote in message
    > Unfortunately Photodraw isn't supported on XP. In fact, it's been
    > discontinued.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/photodraw/discontinued.asp
    >
    > --
    > Walter Clayton
    > Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
    >

    > "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>I have XP Home and I have been using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for some
    >>very limited graphics applications. Lately I have gotten the message
    >>"Unable to start application" when I attempt to use Photodraw. I tried to
    >>worked for a time but I'm back to the "Unable" message. I've tried to
    >>uninstall and reinstall but no luck. Any ideas out there?

    Yeah, I know. :-(

    Depending on what you need take a look at http://www.irfanview.com

    --

    > Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll have to learn a new program for
    > my very limited usage.
    >
    > "Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvpsAM.org> wrote in message
    >> Unfortunately Photodraw isn't supported on XP. In fact, it's been
    >> discontinued.
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/photodraw/discontinued.asp
    >>
    >> --
    >> Walter Clayton
    >> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
    >>

    >> "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>>I have XP Home and I have been using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for some
    >>>very limited graphics applications. Lately I have gotten the message
    >>>"Unable to start application" when I attempt to use Photodraw. I tried
    >>>to go back in time using System Restore and reinstalling PhotoDraw and
    >>>that worked for a time but I'm back to the "Unable" message. I've tried
    >>>to uninstall and reinstall but no luck. Any ideas out there?

Compatibility Microsoft Windows XP