Compatibility with Microsoft Photodraw

February 17, 2005 6:38:59 PM

I have XP Home and I have been using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for some very
limited graphics applications. Lately I have gotten the message "Unable to
start application" when I attempt to use Photodraw. I tried to go back in
time using System Restore and reinstalling PhotoDraw and that worked for a
time but I'm back to the "Unable" message. I've tried to uninstall and
reinstall but no luck. Any ideas out there?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 8:49:52 PM

Unfortunately Photodraw isn't supported on XP. In fact, it's been
discontinued.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/photodraw/disc...

--
Walter Clayton

"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have XP Home and I have been using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for some very
>limited graphics applications. Lately I have gotten the message "Unable to
>start application" when I attempt to use Photodraw. I tried to go back in
>time using System Restore and reinstalling PhotoDraw and that worked for a
>time but I'm back to the "Unable" message. I've tried to uninstall and
>reinstall but no luck. Any ideas out there?

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:59:14 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll have to learn a new program for my
very limited usage.

"Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvpsAM.org> wrote in message
news:o BiKzRUFFHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Unfortunately Photodraw isn't supported on XP. In fact, it's been
> discontinued.
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/photodraw/disc...
>
> --
> Walter Clayton
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
>

> "Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
>>I have XP Home and I have been using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for some
>>very limited graphics applications. Lately I have gotten the message
>>"Unable to start application" when I attempt to use Photodraw. I tried to
>>worked for a time but I'm back to the "Unable" message. I've tried to
>>uninstall and reinstall but no luck. Any ideas out there?

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 11:59:24 PM

Yeah, I know. :-(

Depending on what you need take a look at http://www.irfanview.com