peter

When I attempt to open msconfig via Start, run, then type in msconfig, and
press enter, msconfig opens for 2 to 3 seconeds then closes its self
automatickly.

No matter what I do to try to keep it open, it closes.

Why dose this happen?
How do I stop it?

Or is there another way into msconfig where I can edit it?
--
Peter.N.R.P.

Peter;
You possibly have a virus or spyware.
Follow the yellow section on this link:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

Peter wrote:
> When I attempt to open msconfig via Start, run, then type in msconfig, and
> press enter, msconfig opens for 2 to 3 seconeds then closes its self
> automatickly.
>
> No matter what I do to try to keep it open, it closes.
>
> Why dose this happen?
> How do I stop it?
>
> Or is there another way into msconfig where I can edit it?

The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

W32.Klez
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

W32.Yaha
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

W32.Spybot.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the Spybot
mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose definitions
aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free on-line
scanners to double-check your system.

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

McAfee Security - FreeScan