  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
September 2, 2004 7:48:30 PM

Hello,

I recently went from a wired router to a Linksys WRT54G wireless router
in my home network. Previously, I had internet capability and could
share files and drives within my netwok. With the wireless router, I
have internet capability on all machines but I can no longer share
drives/folders between them.

How can I set up the network so I can share folders within my network?
Is there something I need to do in the router setup? I have run the
network setup wizards several times and each time I think it is good but
it tell me I don't have permission to access the usergroup when I try to
open a machine's files. It will show me the machines in the usergroup
but not let me access any further. Anything I overlooked in setting it up?

Thanks much,
Mike.

More about : networking home computers wrt54g

Anonymous
September 2, 2004 7:48:31 PM

"Mike" <plusty@indy.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I recently went from a wired router to a Linksys WRT54G wireless router
> in my home network. Previously, I had internet capability and could
> share files and drives within my netwok. With the wireless router, I
> have internet capability on all machines but I can no longer share
> drives/folders between them.
>
> How can I set up the network so I can share folders within my network?
> Is there something I need to do in the router setup? I have run the
> network setup wizards several times and each time I think it is good but
> it tell me I don't have permission to access the usergroup when I try to
> open a machine's files. It will show me the machines in the usergroup
> but not let me access any further. Anything I overlooked in setting it
up?

> Thanks much,
> Mike.

I had this same problem. Tried adjusting & tweaking all the network settings
with no luck. Finally, I removed File & Printer sharing from the network
properties, re-installed it, and all was fine!
September 7, 2004 7:41:07 PM

Thanks Doc. That and some tweaking of my firewall settings worked good.

Mike.

!