how to hide "C" drive to the limited users?

Karen

Hi, all

Any chance i can hide "C" drive to the limited users, i dont want them to
edit or save the files on that system drive. They have to save their files
on the "D" drive, which is a data drive... Thanks heaps

Karen.

jw

click Help and Support from the Start button.
enter the following words in the Search box
move user profile

then click on the MS Knowledge Base article labeled
How To Change the Default Location of User Profiles and Program Settings

if this causes too much difficulty,
then move only the My Documents folder from each account's user profile.
be sure you do Not do this the Wrong way (using drag-and-drop or
cut-and-paste). to move My Documents folders the right way, go

click Help and Support from the Start button.
enter the following words in the Search box
move My Documents

then click on the MS Knowledge Base article labeled
How to Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder.
this is by far a simpler and cleaner process, if you do it the right way.

user account files will be saved/retrieved to/from the new location
where you moved the My Documents folder (to drive D:). their Cookies
and Favorites will still be on the C: drive, but that's not so bad.
everything else will operate fine. it's hard to totally avoid use of
the C: drive, when you consider that most programs we use save temporary
work files into a Temp folder on the C: drive (Windows folder or Program
Files folder), plus every user registry is copied from and saved to the
C: drive.

be sure you do not "hide" the C: drive or remove access to it.
if your Windows programs and all other programs are on the C: drive,
then nothing at all will work for limited user accounts, if you remove
access their access to the C: drive.

Karen wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Any chance i can hide "C" drive to the limited users, i dont want them to
> edit or save the files on that system drive. They have to save their files
> on the "D" drive, which is a data drive... Thanks heaps
>
> Karen.

Karen

Tks very much, will try it next monday morning. Karen
"JW" <JustPostYourReply@ToThisNewsGroup.pls>
??????:kbbRd.49975$Th1.20923@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...