Removing SP2 from my computer.

Hey there,

I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts with my
dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have installed SP2 it keeps
giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to remove SP2
and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates. Please I need HELP!!

On 18/02/2005 MRINAL wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts
> with my dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have
> installed SP2 it keeps giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
> Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to
> remove SP2 and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates.
> Please I need HELP!!

You can use Add/Remove Programs via Control Panel.

Do think about it carefully though, it does improve security - which is
a good thing.

Check the web sites for your DVD burning s/w (e.g. Nero had a problem
with SP2 and have issued a patch) and perhaps the DVD manufacturer -
although this is less likely to be an issue.

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.2.7

Hi,

Control Panel/Add & Remove, check the box at top to show windows updates,
then uninstall SP2.

Or, run the spuninst.exe file located under
C:\Windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"MRINAL" <MRINAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey there,
>
> I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts with
> my
> dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have installed SP2 it
> keeps
> giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
> Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to remove SP2
> and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates. Please I need
> HELP!!

I wouldn't be so quick to uninstall SP2 because one application has a
problem. Have you tried reinstalling the DVD-RW software?

Taking out SP2 could cause problems with more than one application.

"MRINAL" wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts with my
> dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have installed SP2 it keeps
> giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
> Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to remove SP2
> and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates. Please I need HELP!!

Hi

What are the error messages?

If you want to revert to the previous version of XP, have a look in
Add/Remove Programs for an uninstall option.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"MRINAL" <MRINAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey there,
>
> I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts with
> my
> dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have installed SP2 it
> keeps
> giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
> Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to remove SP2
> and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates. Please I need
> HELP!!

Yes I have tried reinstalling the software. but still it keeps giving me the
same error.
Mrinal

"hjomby" wrote:

> I wouldn't be so quick to uninstall SP2 because one application has a
> problem. Have you tried reinstalling the DVD-RW software?
>
> Taking out SP2 could cause problems with more than one application.
>
> "MRINAL" wrote:
>
> > Hey there,
> >
> > I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts with my
> > dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have installed SP2 it keeps
> > giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
> > Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to remove SP2
> > and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates. Please I need HELP!!

I don't have that check box in my Add/Remove option.

Mrinal

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Control Panel/Add & Remove, check the box at top to show windows updates,
> then uninstall SP2.
>
> Or, run the spuninst.exe file located under
> C:\Windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "MRINAL" <MRINAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey there,
> >
> > I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts with
> > my
> > dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have installed SP2 it
> > keeps
> > giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
> > Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to remove SP2
> > and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates. Please I need
> > HELP!!

Hi,

Was the system preinstalled with XP & SP2? If so, there will be no removal
option.

--

>I don't have that check box in my Add/Remove option.
>
> Mrinal
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Control Panel/Add & Remove, check the box at top to show windows updates,
>> then uninstall SP2.
>>
>> Or, run the spuninst.exe file located under
>> C:\Windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "MRINAL" <MRINAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey there,
>> >
>> > I recently installed SP2 on my machine and it has created conflicts
>> > with
>> > my
>> > dvd-burner. Before I could burn dvds, but since I have installed SP2 it
>> > keeps
>> > giving my errors and I no longer can burn.
>> > Can anyone please tell me if I could roll back to SP1 or how to remove
>> > SP2
>> > and other update known as the Windows XP Family updates. Please I need
>> > HELP!!

TRENDING THREADS