WTB: 2 or 4 sticks of non-ecc unbuffered 184 pin PC600 RAMBUS RAM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopGun

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Anyone have any non-ecc unbuffered 184 pin PC600 RAM up to 4 sticks of 256MB lying around they'd like to donate/sell for cheap/loan until early next year?

It's for my old PC that I'm letting my girl use until I'm finished building a new one and I can let her have my current one.

I currently have 512MB (4 slots of 128MB?) out of a max 1GB (max 256MB stick/slot). This old PC is running so slow I feel like I'm being tortured when she has me do anything on it, and I feel more cruel than caring by letting her use it. I'm hoping maxing out the RAM will help speed it up some.

Thanks,
-TG

I'll see if I can find some, but I don't think so. Have you run all the other optimization stuff (clean startup programs and processes), reformatted, & fresh installed windows, etc.? An old P4 can run word processing and browse the Internet just fine--so long as you don't go to Hulu or Youtube.

TopGun

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I can't do a fresh install. I've somehow managed to misplace the disks over the past several years and moves. I have run ccleaner and even the registry cleaning part of it.

It's not that a big deal. It should be able to hobble through to next year. I think it's mostly on startup where it's at its worst. I'll just pay a little more for my energy bill and leave it on. FF4 seems to be a little quicker too.

Thanks for looking.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Ok so the original post here is a bit confusing....
There is no PC600...

DDR1 typically came in PC-2700 or PC-3200, which is DDR 400 and was 184 pin on the desktop. DDR2's standard speed for awhile was DDR2 800 and was PC2-6400.

Status
Not open for further replies.