jerky DVD playback

I have an Acer Travelmate 292 laptop - the dvd drive works fine for
transferring files etc - playing clips downloaded from the net are fine.

However DVD playback is very jerky - is this normal?

Tony
4 answers Last reply
More about jerky playback

    Tony;
    Do you have the latest DVD software and video drivers?

    Do you have viruses, spyware or some other problem:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an Acer Travelmate 292 laptop - the dvd drive works fine for
    > transferring files etc - playing clips downloaded from the net are fine.
    >
    > However DVD playback is very jerky - is this normal?
    >
    > Tony

    I've had 3 laptop 2 months - all software is as supplied.

    The last answer still applies, check for malware and get latest drivers.
    There is no guarantee that what was supplied is now the latest.

    --

    Telmore wrote:
    >I have an Acer Travelmate 292 laptop - the dvd drive works fine for
    > transferring files etc - playing clips downloaded from the net are
    > fine.
    >
    > However DVD playback is very jerky - is this normal?
    >
    > Tony

    If that includes retail DVDs, no, it's not normal. If you mean personally
    burned DVDs, then maybe; as in, if the frame rate or field order, type of
    encoding etc. were set incorrectly and what you are viewing it on; computer
    screen, TV, etc. IT could even be things like a lack of disk space for the
    buffers fragmenting them so badly they get delayed during delivery.
    It doesn't sound like malware, but it could be the DVD drivers; try
    installing or updating/upgrading and that might help. At least check to see
    if you have the latest.
    Always, however, even though it doesn't sound like the problem, keep the
    system clean of spyware, etc..

    --
    -----
    How long did the 100 Year War Last?