jerky DVD playback

February 18, 2005 4:15:02 PM

I have an Acer Travelmate 292 laptop - the dvd drive works fine for
transferring files etc - playing clips downloaded from the net are fine.

However DVD playback is very jerky - is this normal?

Tony

More about : jerky dvd playback

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 6:19:38 PM

Tony;
Do you have the latest DVD software and video drivers?

Do you have viruses, spyware or some other problem:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Acer Travelmate 292 laptop - the dvd drive works fine for
> transferring files etc - playing clips downloaded from the net are fine.
>
> However DVD playback is very jerky - is this normal?
>
> Tony
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 6:19:39 PM

I've had 3 laptop 2 months - all software is as supplied.
February 18, 2005 7:00:40 PM

The last answer still applies, check for malware and get latest drivers.
There is no guarantee that what was supplied is now the latest.

--

news:D AFB34A4-A00E-4C15-84FD-999B1BD0B774@microsoft.com...
> I've had 3 laptop 2 months - all software is as supplied.
February 19, 2005 12:33:10 PM

Telmore wrote:
>I have an Acer Travelmate 292 laptop - the dvd drive works fine for
> transferring files etc - playing clips downloaded from the net are
> fine.
>
> However DVD playback is very jerky - is this normal?
>
> Tony

If that includes retail DVDs, no, it's not normal. If you mean personally
burned DVDs, then maybe; as in, if the frame rate or field order, type of
encoding etc. were set incorrectly and what you are viewing it on; computer
screen, TV, etc. IT could even be things like a lack of disk space for the
buffers fragmenting them so badly they get delayed during delivery.
It doesn't sound like malware, but it could be the DVD drivers; try
installing or updating/upgrading and that might help. At least check to see
if you have the latest.
Always, however, even though it doesn't sound like the problem, keep the
system clean of spyware, etc..

--
-----
How long did the 100 Year War Last?