Sign in with
Your question

Crysis problem..

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
March 11, 2009 10:22:59 PM

Ok, I want to run crysis on the highest settings with my new custom built computer with these specs: Intel E8400 OC at 3.6ghz, 2 9800gtx/98900gtx+ in SLI mode, 2gs DDR2 1066 sli ram, 800 wat OCZ PS and running Windows Vista 64-bit ultimate. I can't even get good FPS on high with this hardware WHY!?!? I really want to run crysis on very high so what should I do?

More about : crysis problem

March 12, 2009 2:11:38 AM

Those video cards suck for one.............. for Crysis that is. You need 2 more gigs of ram. Vista eats a lot... a little over 1gig when running 4gigs.

I run a 2.8 core2 quad with a single gtx260 and 8gig of pc6400...Vista 64bit.............. eats Crysis for breakfast. Not a stumble anywhere throughout the game. Ran fine with 4gig also.
March 12, 2009 4:18:08 AM

I have a much worse video card(8800gts), ram is slow for gaming(3gb 667mhz) 1.83ghz core duo processor 800mhz and run crysis on all medium settings on 1440x900 resolution on my laptop which is about 2 years old.
It is strange for your computer that has much better specs than mine to have bad fps on high!!!
You need to get more ram Crysis uses 1.5gigs on my desktop, can get it on high, 1080p settings, but i Have 4gbs 800mhz , 4870 512mb gddr5, 2.5 ghz dual core(not core 2 duo) 800mhz, 550w ultra lsp series psu, stock motherboard(gateway MS-7399) can't f***ing overclock anything.

Put more ram into your rig, trust me it will help. Everything else looks very good in your computer.

Related resources
March 12, 2009 4:56:36 AM

+1 for more RAM

Also, don't bother looking for 'SLI RAM', it's just normal ram with a sticker put onto it. It's all marketting to make you spend more money than you have to. Though, it's always a good idea to stick to 1 type of ram for your whole system so you're going to have to spend that little extra for the sticker, unless you get 4gb or 8gb of new ram :) 
March 12, 2009 1:12:40 PM

Nothing runs Crysis on highest specs, even a i7 with 2x GTX 295's has issues with highest settings.
March 12, 2009 6:16:12 PM

Quote:
Ok, I want to run crysis on the highest settings with my new custom built computer with these specs: Intel E8400 OC at 3.6ghz, 2 9800gtx/98900gtx+ in SLI mode, 2gs DDR2 1066 sli ram, 800 wat OCZ PS and running Windows Vista 64-bit ultimate. I can't even get good FPS on high with this hardware WHY!?!? I really want to run crysis on very high so what should I do?

Search Crysis forums for custom config files like CCC. They have some nice tweaks that mimic very high. Look at my specs and I can play on tweaked high @ 1440x900 at around 30 FPS. No AA of course.
March 12, 2009 10:43:17 PM

Yeah I made Vista as light as I could and it still takes up around 750MB of RAM just sitting there being stupid. With 2GB you could probably be running out of RAM when Crysis gets a hold of it. Plus...your GPUs are helping out that much either...not exactly cutting edge. For other games you will rock them out but not for Crysis.
March 14, 2009 1:07:50 AM

ehhhh, seems you need more ram, or get better ones, Vista tends to be a pig on memory.

and my setup is Phenom II x3 720 BE for processor, EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 for GPU, and G.Skill DDR3 1333 ram, and i can run Crysis on Very High and 4xAA very smoothly on my 21 inch 720p HDTV! (in other words, the TV is best at 1280x768, but folks, that's considered HD anyway, and it looks good to me on that resolution.)
March 14, 2009 1:09:22 AM

SpinachEater said:
Yeah I made Vista as light as I could and it still takes up around 750MB of RAM just sitting there being stupid. With 2GB you could probably be running out of RAM when Crysis gets a hold of it. Plus...your GPUs are helping out that much either...not exactly cutting edge. For other games you will rock them out but not for Crysis.

How do you do so? it would be nice to get that extra squeeze of RAM out, how do you reduce Vista's piggish consumption of RAM?
March 14, 2009 1:35:43 AM

swifty_morgan said:
Those video cards suck for one.............. for Crysis that is. You need 2 more gigs of ram. Vista eats a lot... a little over 1gig when running 4gigs.

I run a 2.8 core2 quad with a single gtx260 and 8gig of pc6400...Vista 64bit.............. eats Crysis for breakfast. Not a stumble anywhere throughout the game. Ran fine with 4gig also.

yeah well i can run crysis at 800x600 and run it on all low with a pentium 3 it does not mean anything.

look bro - nothing can really max crysis out on a popular resolution of 1680x1050. u trying to max it out including AA etc is pointless, especially with those gpus cuz they really suck balls once u add AA.
March 14, 2009 12:27:26 PM

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=34&t...

Check this post out for ideas...section 12. I turn Aero off, stopped the hard drive indexing, turn off as many background apps as possible, and defrag every now and then. I never benched the difference but I figure the less stuff I can have vista doing in the background the better.

You could also try ready boost. With 2GB, in most scenarios you won't need it.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6167115/p-2.html

These guys don't show too much going on for 2GB + ready boost but they never tested Crysis where they might be running out of RAM. I would imagine that if you are running out of RAM it might help stabilize your FPS. I have heard of someone getting crashes with Crysis + ready boost though. Give it a whirl if you have a USB flash drive laying around. Tell us if it works or not. I am sure other people with 2GB of RAM playing Crysis in Vista would like to know. I wouldn't expect anything dramatic but maybe it will stabilize FPS for you.

If you have Vista 64 though, the best thing to do is bump up to 4GB of RAM. DDR2 is really cheap. Do you have one 2GB module or 2X1GB?

!