closing internet explorer browser window

Hope someone can help, I have been having some difficulty with figuring out
how to close an open internet explorer browser window, Norton finds this all
the time and I had ad aware and have just recently removed it for the new
microsoft ad aware program, but this has been going on before I did all that
and neither have found anything either. I also recall, it referrs to
something like active x as well, I did find some active x things under the
tools and then internet options and got rid of some of them but the problem
still persists, I also get this thing that looks like something is going to
open in the toolbar, a white box but then it disappears within a few seconds,
don't know what it is or how to stop it from trying to open, I think it is
that open browser window but not really sure. I'm a pretty new computer user
so please keep the responses very simple, any advice would be greatly
appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about closing internet explorer browser window

    I also forgot to mention that when I try to do a quick clean with the Norton
    I get a error message that says.... Internet browser is currently loaded,
    please close all open browsers before doing quick clean, once again any adice?

    "Bamboocat" wrote:

    > Hope someone can help, I have been having some difficulty with figuring out
    > how to close an open internet explorer browser window, Norton finds this all
    > the time and I had ad aware and have just recently removed it for the new
    > microsoft ad aware program, but this has been going on before I did all that
    > and neither have found anything either. I also recall, it referrs to
    > something like active x as well, I did find some active x things under the
    > tools and then internet options and got rid of some of them but the problem
    > still persists, I also get this thing that looks like something is going to
    > open in the toolbar, a white box but then it disappears within a few seconds,
    > don't know what it is or how to stop it from trying to open, I think it is
    > that open browser window but not really sure. I'm a pretty new computer user
    > so please keep the responses very simple, any advice would be greatly
    > appreciated.

Internet Explorer Browsers Microsoft Windows XP