speed in my computer properties

When i open the My computer properties in 1.6GHz centrino running notebook
,in the General tab in the lower bottom corner it shows processore1.60 Ghz
221Mhz,504 MB of RAM.

This speed keeps changing,what this speed indicates?
jagjeet
1 answer Last reply
More about speed computer properties

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:25:02 -0800, Jagjeet wrote:

    > When i open the My computer properties in 1.6GHz centrino running notebook
    > ,in the General tab in the lower bottom corner it shows processore1.60 Ghz
    > 221Mhz,504 MB of RAM.
    >
    > This speed keeps changing,what this speed indicates?
    > jagjeet

    It's part of the Centrino platform. To extend battery life, the computer
    adjusts speeds to meet the current processing demands. If a more demanding
    task was being processed, the speed would step up to meet the challenge.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Notebooks Microsoft Computers Windows XP