Question about hammer Paladin

Hi all,

i´m currently making my first hammer Paladin, maxing blessed hammer, blessed
aim, vigor and concentration. Then some point into holy shield (how many to
holy shield?), are there any 1 point wonders??

I'm using following gear:

Shako

G. Angel, should I upgrade armor?

HoZ

Wizardspike, for the resists

Rare amu with +1 skills + mf, rare rings with mana and resists

Gore Riders, does 10% to Open wounds, 15% to Crushing Blow, 15% to Deadly
Strike affect the hammer, and what is the differnce between them.

Dracul's Crasp does the X to life and 25% to open wounds affect the hammer?

Any other suggestions to equipment, i will never ever get Enigma, Hoto and
etc.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Thomas

WhiteDog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thomas (6100) wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i´m currently making my first hammer Paladin, maxing blessed hammer,
> > blessed aim, vigor and concentration. Then some point into holy
> > shield (how many to holy shield?), are there any 1 point wonders??
>
> Not my favourite character but I'll say my piece. I'd max shield before
> vigor/blessed aim, or at least get it to a reasonable level. You can die
> quickly if your shield runs out at the wrong time. Leave it 'til last and
> you will kill and be killed. You need to be level 83 (and +skills quests
> done) to max all those and have 10 in shield. Obviously level 93 to have
> shield maxed as well. As you have quite a few +skills you should be able
> dish out some damage. Something like 2,200 per hammer at level 83 if you
go
> to that plan.

Maxing Holy Shield for extra time isn't the best strategy. All you need is
enough points in it that with your +skills you have max block and at least a
couple of minutes on it. It shouldn't take more than a few points.

In article <427f5d4f$0$703$edfadb0f@dread16.news.tele.dk>,
Thomas \(6100\) <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>i´m currently making my first hammer Paladin, maxing blessed hammer, blessed
>aim, vigor and concentration. Then some point into holy shield (how many to
>holy shield?), are there any 1 point wonders??

Not really, I think. But I'm not much of a Hammerdin expert myself.
Hopefully someone else can help you.

>I'm using following gear:
>
>Shako
>
>G. Angel, should I upgrade armor?

Depends, if it's a nice one, _and_ you want to spare the Str to wear the
upgraded version.

>HoZ

Yup, standard Hammerdin equipment.

>Wizardspike, for the resists

Nice, mine uses one too.

>Rare amu with +1 skills + mf, rare rings with mana and resists

You might want to get an ammy with +2 paladin skills.

>Gore Riders, does 10% to Open wounds, 15% to Crushing Blow, 15% to Deadly
>Strike affect the hammer, and what is the differnce between them.

No. All of these useless mods. So get some form of caster boots.

>Dracul's Crasp does the X to life and 25% to open wounds affect the hammer?

Nope. So get caster gloves. Frostburn if you're running out of mana,
something like TO's Gloves or Magefist if you need/want more FCR.

>Any other suggestions to equipment, i will never ever get Enigma, Hoto and
>etc.

You forgot to mention your belt, but here also: you need a caster belt.
'Best' is probably Arachnid Mesh (has +1 skills, FCR, added mana), but
that's quite expensive. So perhaps something with added mana, or resists,
or similar.

Regards,

Patrick.

Points in Holy Shield for more defence. Points in Vigor for more
offence. A single point in redemption is always useful I find.

I would also check your fast cast rate. From what I can see, you are at
50%. I would suggest trying to get to 75%, or even 125%. Those are the
breakpoints in case you hadn't guessed. With you AMesh, you will get to
70% which means just another 5% for faster casting. Get a rare ring
with fast cast and some stats if you can (since yuo wont really need
resists).

And agree with others about boots and gloves... Gravepalm if you don't
need anything, or Chanceguards. I have always liked Waterwalks for the
extra Fire Res, Life and Dex (more points into vit).

Good Luck. And don't speak too soon about a HotO, all you need is two
lucky hell hellforges and you are pretty much there.

Snip snip

> Maxing Holy Shield for extra time isn't the best strategy. All you need
> is
> enough points in it that with your +skills you have max block and at least
> couple of minutes on it. It shouldn't take more than a few points.

Currently he is at level 7 in HS or something with skills and 75%.

Vigor almost maxed.

Where do put the remaining skillpoints?

Belt is Arachnid mesh for 2 pul, but cant wear yet.

Regards

Thomas

TRENDING THREADS