Sign in with
Your question

Soundstorm and 4.1 z560's

Last response: in Motherboards
April 22, 2003 12:00:49 AM

Hullo,

I threw in this A7N8X and decided to try the Soundstorm audio. Anyway, when selecting speaker configs the nForce offers 4 speakers or 6 speakers. My system is a 4.1 z560, so I picked 4. The picture doesn't show a sub. No biggie, it knows I have a sub right?

The sub was greyed out. I ended up playing around a bit and selected the "CREATE LFE CHANNEL". Then the sub shows. I also selected "50" as the crossover frequency, and I'm getting sound from the sub.

My question, is this the right way to setup the sound with these boards? It sounds OK, but I'm tempted to throw my Audigy card back in because I feel like I'm emulating 4.1 and not truly getting it. Help me out guys? Did I do this right?

<font color=purple><i>If I had a notch on my belt for every PC I'd destroyed, I'd have a really crappy looking belt</i></font color=purple>

More about : soundstorm z560

April 22, 2003 1:28:38 AM

Gotta self bump, I'm so clueless.

<font color=purple><i>If I had a notch on my belt for every PC I'd destroyed, I'd have a really crappy looking belt</i></font color=purple>
April 22, 2003 6:54:55 PM

Last bump, I promise. Show some love my brothas from otha mothas.

Related resources
!