Sam

Hi my computer doesnt turn on...first it said that the
windows/system32...file couldn't be found or was corrupt and now the
cpu doesnt seem to run fully and i get a black screen and a high
pitched tone...i was told to reboot but how????????

i would be grateful if anyone can help
regards
:confused:

--
Sam

Hi,

May be two separate problems, or they might be related. The high pitch whine
is not a good thing, it indicates something is not running correctly. Push
on the power button and hold it in for 8 to 10 seconds to power down the
system. Wait 2 minutes, then turn it back on. See if the same problem
occurs. If so, post back with the *exact* text of the error message.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sam" <Sam.1kp7pm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi my computer doesnt turn on...first it said that the
> windows/system32...file couldn't be found or was corrupt and now the
> cpu doesnt seem to run fully and i get a black screen and a high
> pitched tone...i was told to reboot but how????????
>
> i would be grateful if anyone can help
> regards
> :confused:
>

> --
> Sam

Sam

Remove the cover and check to see if the fan on the processor is spinning
freely.. if there is a case fan, check that too..

If there is still a high pitched whine, it could be that your hard rive has
failed.. you should consider taking it to a trusted repair shop..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm