E-mail compromised

Someone or something has compromised my yahoo e-mail and is sending out
unauthorized mail. I know this because I see some Mail Delivery Failure
messages in my bulk folder. How do I find and get rid of this ?

Thanks,

its probaly not someone..the latest w32/mydoom.bb@mm virus comes as a
failure to deliver e-mail.did you open any?you scan for it here.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

"jpecmcd" wrote:

> Someone or something has compromised my yahoo e-mail and is sending out
> unauthorized mail. I know this because I see some Mail Delivery Failure
> messages in my bulk folder. How do I find and get rid of this ?
>
> Thanks,

Update your antivirus software and run a full system scan.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:8889E3F5-A9C4-434D-BD55-C5D99C3B7173@microsoft.com,
jpecmcd <jpecmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

jpecmcd wrote:
> Someone or something has compromised my yahoo e-mail and is sending
> out unauthorized mail. I know this because I see some Mail Delivery
> Failure messages in my bulk folder. How do I find and get rid of this
> ?

Sounds more like someone (you, someone with you in their address book,
anyone who has accessed anything with your email address listed on it) is
infected with a virus and is sending out messages with your return address -
usually unknown to them.

Scan your PC and keep erasing the emails.

--
<- Shenan ->

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:19:01 -0800, "jpecmcd"
<jpecmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Spammers will resort to anything to get into your machine. If you didn't
request the email, chances are good it's spam. If you don't know who sent it,
chances are good it's spam.

Undeliverable mail comes from YOUR ISP, not some unknown ISP in Asia.

If you don't know who YOUR ISP is, you should make it a point to find out who
they are.

And a plug for Trend virus here. I've been using them since I found a FREE copy
on my win98 installation CD 7 years ago, and even with all the bells and
whistles off, other than Real Time scan, it still catches stuff trying to come
thru email.

If it's not an image file don't open anything that comes as an attachment.