Treo as modem?

No responses as to when treo may be available but does anyone know if it can
be used as a modem for a laprop like the a530 or Moto730?

I've seen a program which allows the Treo 300 to be used as a modem - which
Treo model do you refer to?

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.

I think Verizon is going to be offering a 600 quite soon so it would be that
one.

..

<yeltrabnhoj@email.com> wrote in message
> I've seen a program which allows the Treo 300 to be used as a modem -
which
> Treo model do you refer to?
>
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 03:25:42 GMT, "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >No responses as to when treo may be available but does anyone know if it
can
> >be used as a modem for a laprop like the a530 or Moto730?
> >

> --
> John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
> This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.
> Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct
tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.

floyd

Brighthand began reporting in January that Treo 610 was going to be released
this year.
http://www.brighthand.com/article/RumorMill_palmOne_Preparing_Treo_610 Then
in April, a number of sites picked up the story that Verizon was going to
carry it.
http://www.mobile9.com/news/2004/04/treo_610_to_be_launched_on_verizon.php.
Finally, in May a stock market analyst leaked that verizon would be carrying
the Treo 610. This model is supposed to add bluetooth and take away the
antenna. PalmOne is supposed to drop the Sierra modem, but to answer your
question, if Verizon releases this 610 you will be able to use the bluetooth
functionality of the phone to link to the modem on the phone. Most analysts
say that it will be released sometime in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this
year. This would be quite a treat.

In April Verizon put a blurb on their homepage indicating that the Treo 600
would be coming soon, but there has not been any action on the site since
that day in April. I am anxiously awaiting the release because the samsung
i-600 is less than a smartphone and the Kyocera is more like carrying a
desktop on your hip. The Treo blends the compactness of a good cell phone
with the functionality of a great PDA, and it will be a great addition to
Verizon's line-up if they can ever release it. I check Verizon's site
obsessively, but there is not any sign of the 610.

"Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think Verizon is going to be offering a 600 quite soon so it would be
that
> one.
>
> .
>

> <yeltrabnhoj@email.com> wrote in message
> > I've seen a program which allows the Treo 300 to be used as a modem -
> which
> > Treo model do you refer to?
> >
> > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 03:25:42 GMT, "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >No responses as to when treo may be available but does anyone know if
it
> can
> > >be used as a modem for a laprop like the a530 or Moto730?
> > >

> > --
> > John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
> > This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.
> > Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without
duct
> tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.

Thanks!!

Just what I need. even with Bluetooth?

fantastic.

They will clean up with this and finally make me a happy high use customer.

Agree as to the Kyocera and Samsung.

"Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<WgtAc.4851$w07.658@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> No responses as to when treo may be available but does anyone know if it can
> be used as a modem for a laprop like the a530 or Moto730?

Hi there,

Kevin from Handspring here. I just wanted to let you know that a Treo
600 can indeed be used as a modem for a laptop, although it requires
third-party software. You can find more information about this by
going to the link below and plugging the solution ID into the Support
Knowledge Database.

http://kb.palmone.com
Using a Treo smartphone as a 'tethered' modem for a laptop
Solution ID: 29683

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Kevin

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kevin Michaels
kevin.michaels@palmOne.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
The palmOne Pays Back program
Register for a chance to win a FREE palmOne Zire 72 Prize Package or
Zire 31 Prize Package!
http://clients.eprize.net/palm/loyalty/spinandwin/index.tbapp

floyd

Okay, Kevin, so what's the word on Verizon getting some flavor of a Treo.
There are many rumors circulating, but there is no details on a release. Can
we expect to hear something this summer?

"Kevin Michaels" <kevin.michaels@palmone.com> wrote in message
> "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > No responses as to when treo may be available but does anyone know if it
can
> > be used as a modem for a laprop like the a530 or Moto730?
>
> Hi there,
>
> Kevin from Handspring here. I just wanted to let you know that a Treo
> 600 can indeed be used as a modem for a laptop, although it requires
> third-party software. You can find more information about this by
> going to the link below and plugging the solution ID into the Support
> Knowledge Database.
>
> http://kb.palmone.com
> Using a Treo smartphone as a 'tethered' modem for a laptop
> Solution ID: 29683
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Best wishes,
> Kevin

> Kevin Michaels
> kevin.michaels@palmOne.com
> The palmOne Pays Back program
> Register for a chance to win a FREE palmOne Zire 72 Prize Package or
> Zire 31 Prize Package!
> http://clients.eprize.net/palm/loyalty/spinandwin/index.tbapp

Thanks Kevin.

So I want one, need one..when can I get one?