Desktop - unwanted sidebar

Yeah, I know, I should keep the 3-year-old away from the computer.

Now he's given me a sidebar on the left side of my desktop that appears to
be all of the icons in My Computer. I can slide the desktop to the left
almost far enough to cover it, but it's still annoying and it's bugging the
hell out of me that I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Any suggestions (other than using duct tape on the little one)?

Lois

Hi Lois,

He create a quicklaunch bar. Drag it out (left click on it and drag it) to
the middle of the screen and close it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Lois G." <legalois10pounds@erols.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I know, I should keep the 3-year-old away from the computer.
>
> Now he's given me a sidebar on the left side of my desktop that appears to
> be all of the icons in My Computer. I can slide the desktop to the left
> almost far enough to cover it, but it's still annoying and it's bugging
> the hell out of me that I can't figure out how to get rid of it.
>
> Any suggestions (other than using duct tape on the little one)?
>
> Lois

Thanks a bunch, Rick - that did it. He continues to teach me new things I
can do with my computer all the time.

I especially love the little Search Companion dog who does tricks when you
click on him.

Thanks again,
Lois

> Hi Lois,
>
> He create a quicklaunch bar. Drag it out (left click on it and drag it) to
> the middle of the screen and close it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Lois G." <legalois10pounds@erols.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, I know, I should keep the 3-year-old away from the computer.
>>
>> Now he's given me a sidebar on the left side of my desktop that appears
>> to be all of the icons in My Computer. I can slide the desktop to the
>> left almost far enough to cover it, but it's still annoying and it's
>> bugging the hell out of me that I can't figure out how to get rid of it.
>>
>> Any suggestions (other than using duct tape on the little one)?
>>
>> Lois

No problem Lois, glad you got it resolved.