DI-624

pas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

I am having trouble setting up a network with nine DI-624 routers.
They are connected in order: 192.168.x.1 -> 192.168.x.2 ... ->
192.168.x.9. They have under the 100 meter cable length. When I log on
to number 2 I can see 1 and 3 but no further; when I log on at 5, I
can see back to 1 and 3 (but not 2). Is there something stupid that I
have overlooked?

Thanks for any help.

Curious what you're doing...
Are you wiring 8 or all of these di624 Routers as uplinked switches /
Access Points ?

<pas@interaccess.com> wrote in message
> I am having trouble setting up a network with nine DI-624 routers.
> They are connected in order: 192.168.x.1 -> 192.168.x.2 ... ->
> 192.168.x.9. They have under the 100 meter cable length. When I log on
> to number 2 I can see 1 and 3 but no further; when I log on at 5, I
> can see back to 1 and 3 (but not 2). Is there something stupid that I
> have overlooked?
>
> Thanks for any help.

pas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

We're trying to wire a nursing home for wireless access.

We have the #1 router as the DHCP server and Internet Access point.
The other 8 are strung together through the building to provide
wireless access.

"bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message news:<4DPZc.4063$Ep4.2632@trnddc01>...
> Curious what you're doing...
> Are you wiring 8 or all of these di624 Routers as uplinked switches /
> Access Points ?
>
> <pas@interaccess.com> wrote in message
> > I am having trouble setting up a network with nine DI-624 routers.
> > They are connected in order: 192.168.x.1 -> 192.168.x.2 ... ->
> > 192.168.x.9. They have under the 100 meter cable length. When I log on
> > to number 2 I can see 1 and 3 but no further; when I log on at 5, I
> > can see back to 1 and 3 (but not 2). Is there something stupid that I
> > have overlooked?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

Why did you buy all Router and not one router and 8 AP's. My setup is one
DI-624 and 9 DWL-2100AP in bridged mode. This gives us about a 5-6 mile
area, with grid antennas.

By the way I just changed out my DI-624 for a better commercial router, was
not cheap $700.00. but it has 100% uptime. Reports I checked out from users
that have it in service now in hotels helped me make up my mind what I
wanted to get. There are lot of problems with the Dlink firmware on that
one. Including dropping out, witch happened to mine allot. I spent allot of
time on the phone when it went down from users telling me to reset it. I
hope you offer onsite IT service.

DD

> We're trying to wire a nursing home for wireless access.
>
> We have the #1 router as the DHCP server and Internet Access point.
> The other 8 are strung together through the building to provide
> wireless access.
>
> "bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message
> > Curious what you're doing...
> > Are you wiring 8 or all of these di624 Routers as uplinked switches /
> > Access Points ?
> >
> > <pas@interaccess.com> wrote in message
> > > I am having trouble setting up a network with nine DI-624 routers.
> > > They are connected in order: 192.168.x.1 -> 192.168.x.2 ... ->
> > > 192.168.x.9. They have under the 100 meter cable length. When I log on
> > > to number 2 I can see 1 and 3 but no further; when I log on at 5, I
> > > can see back to 1 and 3 (but not 2). Is there something stupid that I
> > > have overlooked?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help.

pas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

We needed the ports on the back to string them together; we are using
them to boost the wired signal (as the total wire run would be much
greater than 100m).

pas@interaccess.com wrote:

> We needed the ports on the back to string them together; we are using
> them to boost the wired signal (as the total wire run would be much
> greater than 100m).
>
> <digitaldevice@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Why did you buy all Router and not one router and 8 AP's. My setup is one
>> DI-624 and 9 DWL-2100AP in bridged mode. This gives us about a 5-6 mile
>> area, with grid antennas.

Due to the specifications there are only 4 segments allowed in a row.
Using 9 Routers menas you are having 8 segments.

Thomas

pas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Arggh! Okay... is there a simple and easy way to get around this
problem. If I place a switch in the middle, would that break it up?
Or, is there an "addressable" solution? I know that these are very
simplistic questions... I got in over my head... Thanks for all your
help so far!

Thomas Krüger <thomas.krueger@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<chcp1s$8tr$00$1@news.t-online.com>...
> pas@interaccess.com wrote:
>
> > We needed the ports on the back to string them together; we are using
> > them to boost the wired signal (as the total wire run would be much
> > greater than 100m).
> >
> > <digitaldevice@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Why did you buy all Router and not one router and 8 AP's. My setup is one
> >> DI-624 and 9 DWL-2100AP in bridged mode. This gives us about a 5-6 mile
> >> area, with grid antennas.
>
> Due to the specifications there are only 4 segments allowed in a row.
> Using 9 Routers menas you are having 8 segments.
>
> Thomas

pas

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Also... would wireless access points count against the segment load?
If I replaced some routers with those, would that help?