saving file types

First let me say that I HAVE read the help and the suggestion did not work.

Most of the images I try to save from online save as ART files. But they are
GIF or JPG files. I tried to save them on a friend's computer and it saved
properly. I tried to change the file format by typing .jpg or whatever but it
just made it impossible to open the file. What am I doing wrong? I know there
has to be a way to fix the way my computer saves this stuff.
1 answer Last reply
More about saving file types

    FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
    in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Nilakshi" <Nilakshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > First let me say that I HAVE read the help and the suggestion did not
    > work.
    >
    > Most of the images I try to save from online save as ART files. But they
    > are
    > GIF or JPG files. I tried to save them on a friend's computer and it saved
    > properly. I tried to change the file format by typing .jpg or whatever but
    > it
    > just made it impossible to open the file. What am I doing wrong? I know
    > there
    > has to be a way to fix the way my computer saves this stuff.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP