CD Writing Wizard Broke?

Backups using Quicken write to the CD Burning subdirectory. I get the
balloon message indicating that files are ready to be written to the CD, but
clicking on the balloon just opens the CD. The files in the CD Burning
subdirectory are not shown and there is no "write these files to disk" item
in the menu. If I understand correctly these functions are done by the "CD
Writing Wizard". If so it doesn't appear to be starting. Any way to
restore this function?
2 answers Last reply
More about writing wizard broke

    Cannot Back Up Quicken Files to CD
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316415

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Erehwon" wrote:

    | Backups using Quicken write to the CD Burning subdirectory. I get the
    | balloon message indicating that files are ready to be written to the CD, but
    | clicking on the balloon just opens the CD. The files in the CD Burning
    | subdirectory are not shown and there is no "write these files to disk" item
    | in the menu. If I understand correctly these functions are done by the "CD
    | Writing Wizard". If so it doesn't appear to be starting. Any way to
    | restore this function?

    Thanks. Method 3 works through step 9, but then clicking on the balloon
    message only provides the CD directory, no access to the files to be written
    and no "CD Writing Tasks" menu. That's why I was thinking something in the
    CD Writing Wizard itself was broke.

    > Cannot Back Up Quicken Files to CD
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316415
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "Erehwon" wrote:
    >
    > | Backups using Quicken write to the CD Burning subdirectory. I get the
    > | balloon message indicating that files are ready to be written to the CD,
    > but
    > | clicking on the balloon just opens the CD. The files in the CD Burning
    > | subdirectory are not shown and there is no "write these files to disk"
    > item
    > | in the menu. If I understand correctly these functions are done by the
    > "CD
    > | Writing Wizard". If so it doesn't appear to be starting. Any way to
    > | restore this function?

Burner CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP