service pack 2

after upgrading to service pack 2, there is a bugging prompt which always
pops up saying that "cannot read configuration file" What is the relevance of
this mesage and how could I eliminate it ?

Relevance is relative. Are you able to do your normal functions?

Do start->run->msinfo32 [enter]
Expand the software environment branch then click on startup programs. Hit
ctrl-a then ctrl-c to copy the data and paste it back here.

--
Walter Clayton