16-bit dos applications

How do I reset win xp pro to allow me to run 16-bit dos applications again?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:8E1B0941-5D3E-4353-9535-D6DF4304FF16@microsoft.com,
Leemy <Leemy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> How do I reset win xp pro to allow me to run 16-bit dos applications
> again?

Go to the .exe file in question, right click, select properties, click the
compatability tab, select it to run with Windows 98 compatability. Does that
do the trick?

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

"Leemy" <Leemy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I reset win xp pro to allow me to run 16-bit dos applications again?

See "Troubleshooting MS-DOS-Based Programs in Windows"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314106).

--
(tm)