Help w/ Barb

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 11, 2005 8:14:02 PM

I haven't played a Barb much, and not really very much at all since 1.09.
But I have a BO slave that I've been using to help out parties and my MFer
on the second computer. But now that my MFer is farming Hell Mephy it would
be nice if the Barb could also be an emergency looter, if the worst happens.
So he'll need to be able to survive and actually kill something. Here's
where he currently stands:
L60
S 125
D 81
V 144
E 10
+30 points unused
Max: Battle Command, Battle Orders, Shout
One in: Howl, Ironskin, Natural Resists.
+6 points unused

I have all of the IK set except the Armor (which I can probably get), and a
collection of decent weapons.

So what can I do with this character to make him viable for Hell difficulty,
at least on a limited basis (looter)?

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

More about : barb

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 8:14:03 PM

Mark wrote:
> I haven't played a Barb much, and not really very much at all since
1.09.
> But I have a BO slave that I've been using to help out parties and my
MFer
> on the second computer. But now that my MFer is farming Hell Mephy it
would
> be nice if the Barb could also be an emergency looter, if the worst
happens.
> So he'll need to be able to survive and actually kill something.
Here's
> where he currently stands:
> L60
> S 125
> D 81
> V 144
> E 10
> +30 points unused
> Max: Battle Command, Battle Orders, Shout
> One in: Howl, Ironskin, Natural Resists.
> +6 points unused
>
> I have all of the IK set except the Armor (which I can probably get),
and a
> collection of decent weapons.
>
> So what can I do with this character to make him viable for Hell
difficulty,
> at least on a limited basis (looter)?
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

Bongo Bongo Bongo, hello Bongo.

An excellent idea.

Let's see. I assume that in the case of looting a TP is set up so he
won't have to run through an area.

If he has room in his inventory a nice Leap Attack will get him to a
corpse for a quick pick up of some of the items.

Then he can open TP and escape back to town, and repeat through the
other TP until he has all the gear.

Now first of all that barb and my level 66 enchantress are gonna have
to do NM minion runs with a kick asser like the Bongo mage to help kill
things fast. The two need more levels more skill points and more stat
points. Sometimes my enchantress is in a game with my zon in early hell
and I'd like her to be able to loot if needed. But act 1 hell and hell
mepf, I notice, are almost like night and day. Your task is a little
above what mine would be. Her Fire Wall kills well, but the FIs, I'd
have to avoid them or TK the gear if I had to while the merc keeps the
FIs busy.

For times that there are no bosses a good hearty War Cry at least level
6. 7 ,or 8 will stun the beasties enough for you to move him towards
his objective.

Howl will just send them running as far as the closest wall and then
they will turn back towards you. But it can help and has helped my
barbs in the past. A one hit wonder (plus plusses)

The bosses, now that is another story. Only battle cry will work on
them. But that will lower the damage they dish out in case you are
stuck near them.

I expect that you just want to loot and run - I'm a looter, not a
fighter :)
and will only battle when there is no other choice.

Once the barb is strong enough the IK maul will kill well and easy.

For ranged attackers, a ring with DV charges will help ease the
travels. My SP barb used one and it helped him at times.

Natural Resist, 3 skill point perhaps, it loses its rate of return
after about 3 skill points, but that is needed in hell if you have to
sacrifice gear.

Does he have a HF merc? That can also help. How about that rune word
weapon with Vigor. OMG that has to help too. On team rainbow I seen
some naked pallies recover corpses in the most deacked out areas with a
good strong vigor. Looting is like recovering corpses.

Hope these idea help.

If I get more I'll post them.

So when does BongoBarb and the ShythedChanter do their minion rushes?
You can sit the barb in the corner while BongoMage and ShythedChanter
"fire n' ice" the place.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 2:23:32 AM

Mark wrote:
> I haven't played a Barb much, and not really very much at all since
1.09.
> But I have a BO slave that I've been using to help out parties and my
MFer
> on the second computer. But now that my MFer is farming Hell Mephy it
would
> be nice if the Barb could also be an emergency looter, if the worst
happens.
> So he'll need to be able to survive and actually kill something.
Here's
> where he currently stands:
> L60
> S 125
> D 81
> V 144
> E 10
> +30 points unused
> Max: Battle Command, Battle Orders, Shout
> One in: Howl, Ironskin, Natural Resists.
> +6 points unused
>
> I have all of the IK set except the Armor (which I can probably get),
and a
> collection of decent weapons.
>
> So what can I do with this character to make him viable for Hell
difficulty,
> at least on a limited basis (looter)?

My favourite subject, safety characters...

I assume you don't want to turn into a quasi-Singer who Howls,
Battlecries, Knocksback (Leap) and Stuns opponents in order to get
where they want. That's a viable way to go. High life, quite high
safety. Resists will be maxed. Problems may be the ranged attackers if
you can't Leap to/away from them or taunt/howl them quickly enough, no
blocking and low defence. Trying to get to a body underneath a Boss may
also be a bit tougher. Dual Wiz, Gloom (CTC Dim), String, Dwarf, Raven.

Another way, which I have only theorised (damn work, I have all the
equipment just not enough time to try this out) is my idea of an ideal
TankBarb...

Max BO, Shout. Rest in Conc, Mastery, Howl, BC, WC.

Equip Stormshield (Pdiamond), Swordguard, Arreats, SS Treks, Guardian
Angel (up'ed for more def), Raven, Dwarf, SoE/TGods, Laying of Hands,
Highlords. Some items can obviously be changed depending on situation.
Stormshield would be the most expensive item. Other stuff you could
most likely get for pgems.

Your resists will be maxed with ~85 base dex at lvl 80. Base str will
be ~75 (but obviously that is irrelevant). Life will therefore be quite
high. Resists 90/90/90-95/90. DR% 35/50 depending on what belt. So, not
too much can hurt you.

Killing will be relatively slow, but you use your Warcries effectively
for better defence and crowd control. I guess you aren't looking for a
killing machine though. Some stuff gets switched for situations... eg.
Rising Sun Ammy, Waterwalks for Fire attacks.

My $0.02.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:02:55 AM

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
news:D 5vhco.20g.1@fairground.synaptic.net.nz...
> Mark wrote:
>> I haven't played a Barb much, and not really very much at all since
>> 1.09. But I have a BO slave that I've been using to help out parties
>> and my MFer on the second computer. But now that my MFer is farming
>> Hell Mephy it would be nice if the Barb could also be an emergency
>> looter, if the worst happens. So he'll need to be able to survive and
>> actually kill something. Here's where he currently stands:
>> L60
>> S 125
>> D 81
>> V 144
>> E 10
>> +30 points unused
>> Max: Battle Command, Battle Orders, Shout
>> One in: Howl, Ironskin, Natural Resists.
>> +6 points unused
>>
>> I have all of the IK set except the Armor (which I can probably get),
>> and a collection of decent weapons.
>>
>> So what can I do with this character to make him viable for Hell
>> difficulty, at least on a limited basis (looter)?
>
> I'm interested in replies to this too as my MF guy is in hell with the BO
> slave and the 'Chanter and they are the only ones able to loot if the s%$t
> hits the fan. (ATM).

I created a looter with the goal to have the longest BO duration after I
found a Baranar. I rarely BO my Necro the duration not being long enough and
surprisingly, the Barb was able to kill.acceptably with the help of
BattleCry. I was missing a lot without BC and with it, the kill rate was
quite acceptable and I could also chant him. At level 79 I decided to create
an ultimate looter instead.after I got all my barb's stuff, a Barb who would
enter a trap portal for example. I needed some specific items but I was not
aware I would end up with so much Strenght and Dex so the reason to create a
new one with another goal, a looter who can play. Also I always prefered the
amount of life over the blocking but not for the new Barb now level 45. He
will block at 75% but he will still have a very good life. If I want him to
a very high level, I will play him in team with my friend's Necro.

Here the stat;

Max mace Mastery

1 Concentrate

1 Berserk

Max BO

Max Shout

0 in Stamina & Increase Speed

1 Iron Skin

1 Natural Resist

1 Find Item (for Skel who respawn)

1 BattleCry

1 Taunt

1 Leap Attack

Max Warcry (last) to stun the Lister group. The level 79 barb had no point
in it but some in Battle Command.

Note; BO boost Concentrate while Shout boost Berserk.

Now the stuff my level 79 Barb is using. I traded my best stuff and I still
traded if I knew it was a bad deal for me. Lot of Strenght, Dex, some
lightning and fire absorb and damage % Reduced.

+1 Barb Ammy 15 resist all

Shapstop upgraded, Ptopaz in socket

Sanctuary Shield troll nest

TGV belt

Raven Frost and Dwarf ring

Gore Rider

Laying of hand glove

Arreat Face (perfect topaz)

Baranar is socketed with an amn rune and with the Arreat Face he has enough
life leech and both help my attack rating. He has no mana leech which is not
necessary with a row of mana potion to fight mana burn monsters. My
defensive merc is using Guillaume face, Duress armor and Bonehew. It made a
very hard to hit Barb and Gloam are not a problem.

VD
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 9:42:55 AM

Mark wrote:
> I haven't played a Barb much, and not really very much at all since
1.09.
> But I have a BO slave that I've been using to help out parties and my
MFer
> on the second computer. But now that my MFer is farming Hell Mephy it
would
> be nice if the Barb could also be an emergency looter, if the worst
happens.
> So he'll need to be able to survive and actually kill something.
Here's
> where he currently stands:
> L60
> S 125
> D 81
> V 144
> E 10
> +30 points unused
> Max: Battle Command, Battle Orders, Shout
> One in: Howl, Ironskin, Natural Resists.
> +6 points unused
>
> I have all of the IK set except the Armor (which I can probably get),
and a
> collection of decent weapons.
>
> So what can I do with this character to make him viable for Hell
difficulty,
> at least on a limited basis (looter)?
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

Hey Bongo,

I add the following along with my previous post that I hope you read
yesterday.

The weapon with the Vigor is perfect. It is the Harmony Bow. You can
get a Valkyrie and 20 revives to keep things busy while you leap attack
(better than leap) to the corpse. Instead of paying the high repair fee
at the armorer use an ORT rune and a chipped gem to recharge the
charges. Hopefully you will never have to use it.

One point in taunt will do the trick for ranged attackers to get them
walking instead of firing.

Battle Cry on a boss if it gets near you.

The end goal is not necessrily to kill but just to loot and get outta
there.

Also recommend as many resists on your gear as possible so that you
ahve as much free space in your inventory as possible which will limit
the amount of trips that are needed to loot everything in its entirety.

Cheers Bongo,

See you soon. I have finished Nik through the Robots game and now have
a little more time to play. I think I have to get the PS2 serviced
(it's old) so it can play more games. That thing is buggy right now.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 5:35:33 PM

Mark wrote:
> [...]
enough
> > and surprisingly, the Barb was able to kill.acceptably with the
help of
> > BattleCry. I was missing a lot without BC and with it, the kill
rate was
> > quite acceptable and I could also chant him. At level 79 I decided
> > create an ultimate looter instead.after I got all my barb's stuff,
a Barb
> > who would enter a trap portal for example. I needed some specific
items
> > but I was not aware I would end up with so much Strenght and Dex so
the
> > reason to create a new one with another goal, a looter who can
play. Also
> > I always prefered the amount of life over the blocking but not for
the new
> > Barb now level 45. He will block at 75% but he will still have a
very good
> > life. If I want him to a very high level, I will play him in team
with my
> > friend's Necro.
>
> I need my guy tro be able to step into a situation where another
character
> just died. So chances are it will nasty. He will have either a
cleared path
> from the WP or a TP set close by. So he will only have to deal with
the
> nasties themselves. I would prefer if he could clean up the mess,
then loot
> in peace. Leap in and leap out is not preferable. That seems like a
recipe
> for losing two characters and sets of gear.
>
> > Here the stat;
> >
> > Max mace Mastery
> >
> > 1 Concentrate
> >
> > 1 Berserk
> >
> > Max BO
> >
> > Max Shout
> >
> > 0 in Stamina & Increase Speed
> >
> > 1 Iron Skin
> >
> > 1 Natural Resist
> >
> > 1 Find Item (for Skel who respawn)
> >
> > 1 BattleCry
> >
> > 1 Taunt
> >
> > 1 Leap Attack
> >
> > Max Warcry (last) to stun the Lister group. The level 79 barb had
no point
> > in it but some in Battle Command.
> >
> > Note; BO boost Concentrate while Shout boost Berserk.
>
> I can leech/sleeze him to the low to mid 70s in NM Baal runs, so he
will
> have 20-25 skill points to work with (above and beyond his existing
skills
> listed earlier). I'm not very experienced with a Barb, so is it
better to
> pump a Mastery or will a Combat skill like Concentrate be better for
most of
> the points? He will most likely only have to deal with one group of
monsters
> (though most likely a very tough group), so killing speed is not a

Kill? You want him to kill? And then loot? Oh! Now we're talking!

Den's idea of Concentrate is great since you get 20 points of synergy
with your maxed BO. And with the IK maul you are gonna dish out a heap
of damage.

Berzerk is only needed for PIs. Even then it is dangerous because of
the zero defense. My barb never had a problem with the PIs unless there
was a boss AND minions. In that case he would howl the minions away and
take out the boss, then try to handle minions one at a time. In the
case of mana burn howl to keep the pack split up. Without mana burn a
good war cry stun and concentrate eventually got the group to zero. PIs
with no boss a war cry and concentrate. Just gotta be extra careful in
HC.

My opinion - grade the leftover pack and do not rule out leaping and
looting. Kill when you can and when it is safe. The IK set with the
maul and without the armor is a powerful tool. The armor has a higher
level req so good luck with that one.

I had an IK barb without the full set wipe out the hell ancients while
solo and I mean wiped their face with their asses in a bad way.

An IK looter? Beats the hell out of my enchantress looter. But then she
can TK the loot if needed if there are FIs. But then again act 1 hell
seems to be quite a cakewalk for running my zon through and I haven't
even come close to any scare in act 1. (fingers crossed) Durance 3 is
defintiely a different ball game.

Maybe we can hook up for some NM minion runs and up our levels.

Orion Ryder

> > Now the stuff my level 79 Barb is using. I traded my best stuff and
> > still traded if I knew it was a bad deal for me. Lot of Strenght,
Dex,
> > some lightning and fire absorb and damage % Reduced.
> >
> > +1 Barb Ammy 15 resist all
> >
> > Shapstop upgraded, Ptopaz in socket
> >
> > Sanctuary Shield troll nest
> >
> > TGV belt
> >
> > Raven Frost and Dwarf ring
> >
> > Gore Rider
> >
> > Laying of hand glove
> >
> > Arreat Face (perfect topaz)
> >
> > Baranar is socketed with an amn rune and with the Arreat Face he
has
> > enough life leech and both help my attack rating. He has no mana
leech
> > which is not necessary with a row of mana potion to fight mana burn

> > monsters.
>
> Like I said, I have most of the IK set, and I have heard that an IK
Barb is
> good. In addition I have an eth Arreats, TGV/SoE, raven/dwarf, and
most
> other mid range gear. Weapons include Lightsaber, Baranar's, Sazabi's
sword,
> Glimmers and Lacerators. And I have enough PGs to trade for anything
> available for PGs.
>
> > My defensive merc is using Guillaume face, Duress armor and
Bonehew. It
> > made a very hard to hit Barb and Gloam are not a problem.
>
> My merc options are totally open. His current one is a L12 BA merc
from his
> Enchanted days.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury
May 12, 2005 11:09:32 PM

> [...]

> Laying of hand glove
>
> Arreat Face (perfect topaz)
>
> Baranar is socketed with an amn rune and with the Arreat Face he has
> enough life leech and both help my attack rating. He has no mana leech
> which is not necessary with a row of mana potion to fight mana burn
> monsters.

Like I said, I have most of the IK set, and I have heard that an IK Barb is
good. In addition I have an eth Arreats, TGV/SoE, raven/dwarf, and most
other mid range gear. Weapons include Lightsaber, Baranar's, Sazabi's sword,
Glimmers and Lacerators. And I have enough PGs to trade for anything
available for PGs.

> My defensive merc is using Guillaume face, Duress armor and Bonehew. It
> made a very hard to hit Barb and Gloam are not a problem.

My merc options are totally open. His current one is a L12 BA merc from his

May 13, 2005 12:33:53 AM

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

> I need my guy tro be able to step into a situation where another character
> just died. So chances are it will nasty. He will have either a cleared
> path from the WP or a TP set close by.

My goal is different of yours. I want to be able to go down a swarm stairway
or a trap portal, survive and kill the monsters to loot my Necro or my
friend's character. I understand that by clear path, you do not mean a
screen away but the monsters will see you and the fight will be upcoming.

IMHO the IK set is not a good choice for your goal unless you have Warcry. I
do not say it cannot be a good looter but you have to control or stand to
the monsters if you can not go away and I do not mean by the way you came as
it would be most likely trap as the monsters followed you. Plain and simple,
you can take care of any group of monsters with WC but the range attacker.
What would you do if it was a nasty group of double swing guys with the Fana
aura? I would not fight the whole pack without Warcry but maybe with a huge
defense and using Battlecry to lower their damage and as long as my merc
survives and I have his aura, I would feel OK. What do you do if it is the
Gloams? Even with 75 LR, you will get heavy damage from all of them and they
are usually not alone. Leap Attack would be a good choice to reach them and
they are weak at close combat. I prefer with my built to be ready for any
situations.

>So he will only have to deal with the nasties themselves. I would prefer if
>he could clean up the mess, then loot in peace. Leap in and leap out is not
>preferable. That seems like a recipe for losing two characters and sets of
>gear.

Again Warcry but leap attack can be a better choice in many situations.

> I can leech/sleeze him to the low to mid 70s in NM Baal runs, so he will
> have 20-25 skill points to work with (above and beyond his existing skills
> listed earlier). I'm not very experienced with a Barb, so is it better to
> pump a Mastery or will a Combat skill like Concentrate be better for most
> of the points? He will most likely only have to deal with one group of
> monsters (though most likely a very tough group), so killing speed is not
> a priority. But survivability will be paramount.

I prefer to pump the mastery because it is useful both for Iron Skin and
Berserk. Bersek is very powerful and is Iron Maiden proof so very useful. If
you do not have Warcry, you taunt a monster and fight only one as your merc
will tank the group.

> Like I said, I have most of the IK set, and I have heard that an IK Barb
> is good.

yes it is.

> In addition I have an eth Arreats, TGV/SoE, raven/dwarf, and most other
> mid range gear. Weapons include Lightsaber, Baranar's, Sazabi's sword,
> Glimmers and Lacerators. And I have enough PGs to trade for anything
> available for PGs.

You can do a lot better with this stuff than the IK set.

> My merc options are totally open. His current one is a L12 BA merc from
> his Enchanted days.

What is a BA merc? and at level 12 he is useless. You must keep a merc
beside you at about the same level of you or he will be useless. I know it
is a pain to level up one but after level 25, he is a lot easier to level
up.

I choose the 1st monsters I met out of act 5 town but be aware that the
strongest monsters have a better chance to hit. I will post about more stat
later but it will take some time as I am playing the new Barb. I would like
to have these stats against the nasty monsters.
Level 79 Barb and level 78 Merc. We are still both medium level in act 5
Hell so these numbers would improve as we level up.

Def 4012, chance Burning Dead will hit 47%, with shout my defense is 12,036
and 23% to be hit and with Merc aura my def is 18,172 and 16% to be hit. My
merc has 24,564 defense with my shout and his aura and he his hard to kill.

Good luck

VD
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:30:50 AM

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Mark wrote:

> Kill? You want him to kill? And then loot? Oh! Now we're talking!
>
> Den's idea of Concentrate is great since you get 20 points of synergy
> with your maxed BO. And with the IK maul you are gonna dish out a heap
> of damage.
>
> Berzerk is only needed for PIs. Even then it is dangerous because of
> the zero defense.

Berserk is a wonderful skill and most of the time kill faster than
Concentrate. It is also boosted by the cinergy of Shout. I would never use
it with a whole group without Warcry but I use it very often without WC to
fight one monster and even if it is not a PI. I use Taunt and it is my most
used skill.

> My barb never had a problem with the PIs unless there
> was a boss AND minions. In that case he would howl the minions away and
> take out the boss, then try to handle minions one at a time.

Very good strategy but Howl has its weakness. If the monsters are higher
level than you (no idea how much level), it does not work. Also it is not
reliable with a big group of monsters when there are obstacles. I often Howl
a group and the group do not even run away, they just seem to run in each
other and if a monster has no room to go, he will attack you. Most of the
time this skill will work if you have the proper level but if a lot of
monsters are all packed together it may not.

VD
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:57:11 AM

> I prefer to pump the mastery because it is useful both for Iron Skin and
> Berserk. Bersek is very powerful and is Iron Maiden proof so very useful.
> If you do not have Warcry, you taunt a monster and fight only one as your
> merc will tank the group.

I prefer to pump the mastery because it is useful both for "Concentrate"
and Berserk. I can not believe what I wrote above.

VD
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 10:20:46 AM

The barb does have a many options.

If enough good points are presented to Bongo, rest assured Bongo will
then examine all mentioned points and will draw a fit and proper
conclusion as to what to do.

Such is the way of the Bongo.

Yay rah rah Team Bongo Shythed - soon to be appearing in a HC Hell
Chaos Sanctuary near you. Witness the ever loving ass trashing that the
BongoMage and MsShythed dish out to the Big Dog. And the BO
slave/looter will probably be parked in town and awaiting congrats from
the Archangel Tyrael as well.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:43:59 PM

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Virtual Den" <Nospam@Nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I created a looter with the goal to have the longest BO duration after I
> > found a Baranar. I rarely BO my Necro the duration not being long enough
> > and surprisingly, the Barb was able to kill.acceptably with the help of
> > BattleCry. I was missing a lot without BC and with it, the kill rate was
> > quite acceptable and I could also chant him. At level 79 I decided to
> > create an ultimate looter instead.after I got all my barb's stuff, a
Barb
> > who would enter a trap portal for example. I needed some specific items
> > but I was not aware I would end up with so much Strenght and Dex so the
> > reason to create a new one with another goal, a looter who can play.
Also
> > I always prefered the amount of life over the blocking but not for the
new
> > Barb now level 45. He will block at 75% but he will still have a very
good
> > life. If I want him to a very high level, I will play him in team with
my
> > friend's Necro.
>
> I need my guy tro be able to step into a situation where another character
> just died. So chances are it will nasty. He will have either a cleared
path
> from the WP or a TP set close by. So he will only have to deal with the
> nasties themselves. I would prefer if he could clean up the mess, then
loot
> in peace. Leap in and leap out is not preferable. That seems like a recipe
> for losing two characters and sets of gear.

If I were you, I'd go with a Mace or Sword/Shield Concentrate setup, if
possible.
BO adds to Concentrate damage, so you should be able to kill OK there, as
long as you don't want a speed-killer.
A point in WW would help to get in and out around the edges of a crowd, and
doesn't seem to desync you like Leap Attack sometimes will. You don't want
you Looter stuck in mid-LA in a pack of nasties, eh?

<snippers>

> > Note; BO boost Concentrate while Shout boost Berserk.
>
> I can leech/sleeze him to the low to mid 70s in NM Baal runs, so he will
> have 20-25 skill points to work with (above and beyond his existing skills
> listed earlier). I'm not very experienced with a Barb, so is it better to
> pump a Mastery or will a Combat skill like Concentrate be better for most
of
> the points? He will most likely only have to deal with one group of
monsters
> (though most likely a very tough group), so killing speed is not a
priority.
> But survivability will be paramount.

In a second I'll check to see which gets you more AR, 10 Concentrate/Mastery
or 1 Mastery and 20 Concentrate.
20 Concentrate and 20 Mastery net you +430%
10 Concentrate and 10 Mastery net you +250% AR
20 Concentrate and 1 Mastery net you a whopping +278% AR. Also keep in
mind that with Concentrate your Def goes through the roof while you're
attacking, and IIRC it is still uninterruptible.

> > Now the stuff my level 79 Barb is using. I traded my best stuff and I
> > still traded if I knew it was a bad deal for me. Lot of Strenght, Dex,
> > some lightning and fire absorb and damage % Reduced.
> >
> > +1 Barb Ammy 15 resist all

Nice!

> > Shapstop upgraded, Ptopaz in socket

If surviving is the goal, I might trade that in for a Lionheart, unless your
resists are already near max

> > Sanctuary Shield troll nest
> > TGV belt
> > Raven Frost and Dwarf ring
> > Gore Rider
> > Laying of hand glove
> > Arreat Face (perfect topaz)
> >
> > Baranar is socketed with an amn rune and with the Arreat Face he has
> > enough life leech and both help my attack rating. He has no mana leech
> > which is not necessary with a row of mana potion to fight mana burn
> > monsters.

Looks good from my point of view, anyway :)

> Like I said, I have most of the IK set, and I have heard that an IK Barb
is
> good. In addition I have an eth Arreats, TGV/SoE, raven/dwarf, and most
> other mid range gear. Weapons include Lightsaber, Baranar's, Sazabi's
sword,
> Glimmers and Lacerators. And I have enough PGs to trade for anything
> available for PGs.

IK Barbs Rool!....er, rule.
I've got a Dual Sword ww barb right now using Sazabi's set and a
Doombringer, but Mana burn suxors.

> > My defensive merc is using Guillaume face, Duress armor and Bonehew. It
> > made a very hard to hit Barb and Gloam are not a problem.

Yup, nice setup.

> My merc options are totally open. His current one is a L12 BA merc from
his
> Enchanted days.

Well, you need a new one!
If killing speed isn't a major issue I'd get another Defiant or HF guy, the
setup listed above seems fine for the Merc, IMO.

So my vote is for Concentrate, with a 1 point Berserk/WW for emergencies.

short

May 14, 2005 5:16:24 AM

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
>> "Virtual Den" <Nospam@Nospam.com> wrote in message

>> > Shapstop upgraded, Ptopaz in socket
>> >
> If surviving is the goal, I might trade that in for a Lionheart, unless
> your
> resists are already near max

Humm, I checked the Lionheart and it is a damn good armor but there is no
enhance defense with it. I prefer the upgraded Shaftstop at about 1200
defense with the damage reduction and yes my resist are max.

Thank you for your 3 Can cent using the exange rate. ;oP

VD
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 5:22:42 AM

"Virtual Den" <Nospam@Nospam.com> wrote in message