Sign in with
Your question

abit ic7-g reviews?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 25, 2003 8:30:09 PM

Does anyone know of any reviews of the abit ic7-g board (english please)? If you do can you provide a link?

Thanks

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

More about : abit ic7 reviews

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 28, 2003 10:14:40 PM

<b>UPDATE:</b>

The memory timing issue should be resolved with a future BIOS release.

<b>Abit Marketing</b>:

Quote:
hey guys, especially Prometheus for the detail testing on the IC7-G motherboard. We appreciate your help to discover this "little" bug in the BIOS regarding the memory timings. I have checked the thread during the weekend and I have reported this problem back to our engineers in Taiwan. The reason I didn't post anything is because I want to know if our Headquarter is currently working on this issue as well as waiting for an official response from them.

We have a beta released of the BIOS that fixes the problem already and we are doing more testing until we release the BIOS officially. The BIOS is still in alpha stage, therefore we will not be able to release them. When the BIOS is stable and reaches beta, I will ask Taiwan to release the beta BIOS asap. Thank you all for your concern and the support for ABIT products.

May 3, 2003 3:06:36 AM

www.hothardware.com has a comparison between the Abit IC7-G and the Asus P4C800. Also, Abit has released a BIOS update for the IC7 (IC711.exe) dated 4-30-03 that supposedly fixes the memory timing issues as well as 13 other various updates and fixes.

"It's not that I don't like people, I just seem to feel better when they're not around"
!