Gotta Love VIA, LOL

<A HREF="http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/p4pb/via13.php" target="_new">Clicky</A>

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:
7 answers Last reply
More about gotta love
  1. Ic... well via has never produced good chipsets for intel...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
  2. i hope you guys all know but i knew nothing about computers a few months ago.

i did a lot of research before buying my first ever computer, and there was a very NICE looking Via chipset board at the time

the SOYO dragon or somthing like that, well it had a PX400 or whatever via chipset. it had EVERYTHING I WANTED ON IT all the extras.

but after careful research i realised that the Via chipset was unstable, and chose to go with a Gigabyte 8PE667 ultra 2 which runs the intel 845PE chipset i think.

well i am damn glad i went with that one rather than the SOYO i can tell you.

Alltaken (p.s. vias c4 chips look nice though)
  3. I've always had really good luck with Gigabyte boards...
    AOpen are good too.
    Asus will do in a pinch.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---
  4. Don't get me wrong.. for AMD chips via makes descent chipstes. I must re itterate how the soyo dragon + is by far the best board I have ever had... with intel though I have always stuck with SIS, and more recently to the intel based chipsets...

Unstable via chipsets?? I don't know what that's all about... It's a budget chipset if that's what you mean but it's not terribly unstable...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
  5. i dont remember what was on my slot a mobo, but i know it was via, that thing sucked, i broke two mice and one keyboard trying to get that thing stable. finaly it did me a favor and died. my soyo dragon+ has given me no problems at all.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!
  6. I've had four boards with VIA chipsets, and only one has been relatively stable, and that's the SOYO Dragon Plus with KT266A that I'm running now. And even this board was a bitch to GET stable at the beginning. Once I went through the initial eight or nine hours of hell, it's been pretty stable since, but it still has a couple VIA quirks that irk.

The other three boards were nightmares, only I wasn't aware enough of what was going on to figure out it was VIA that was primarily responsible for my headaches. If I had known about VIA Latency Patch, I might not have trashed my previous computer.

Anyway, I'm going over to The Dark Side and buying an Intel board next. With my luck, Canterwood will be the buggiest P.O.S. ever produced.

I doubt that, though.

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:
  7. well i think we are talking about PENTIUM CHIPSETS BY VIA

which are Not cirtified by intel and are absolute Shyt

claiming to run DDR400 on a 533Mhz FSB but this speed was totally UNOFFICIAL.

the kt chipset for AMD is good but the PX400 chipset for intel absolutly sucked ****

Alltaken
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Font Green