data cable and USB drivers

Hi,
I just got the MOK for LG 4600. The problem is that I can't get my
computer to recognize the phone... I tried installing the drivers that
came with the CD but no luck. There are no specific drivers for LG
4600 though there are drivers for 4400 and 4600 along with a section
containing "Other LG drivers." None of these drivers work for me. Can
you maybe explain to me what can be done to connect the phone to the
computer using the Mobile Office Kit from Verizon for the LG 4600.
Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about data cable drivers

    "Alex Naptiza" <ghettojid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I just got the MOK for LG 4600. The problem is that I can't get my
    > computer to recognize the phone... I tried installing the drivers that
    > came with the CD but no luck. There are no specific drivers for LG
    > 4600 though there are drivers for 4400 and 4600 along with a section
    > containing "Other LG drivers." None of these drivers work for me. Can
    > you maybe explain to me what can be done to connect the phone to the
    > computer using the Mobile Office Kit from Verizon for the LG 4600.
    > Thanks

    Did you install the USB to COM driver stuff FIRST? (comes with two CD's, and
    the com to usb ****MUST*** be installed first).
    If not, go to device manager, remove the device, reboot and start over.

    While the drivers aren't exactly labeled, the fact that NEITHER work at all,
    says you probably messes up the first part (usb to com).

    "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Alex Naptiza" <ghettojid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I just got the MOK for LG 4600. The problem is that I can't get my
    >> computer to recognize the phone... I tried installing the drivers
    >> that came with the CD but no luck. There are no specific drivers for
    >> LG 4600 though there are drivers for 4400 and 4600 along with a
    >> section containing "Other LG drivers." None of these drivers work
    >> for me. Can you maybe explain to me what can be done to connect the
    >> phone to the computer using the Mobile Office Kit from Verizon for
    >> the LG 4600. Thanks

    Just out of curiosity, exactly what drivers are you trying? Your post says
    "I tried installing the drivers that came with the CD but no luck. There are
    no specific drivers for LG 4600 though there are drivers for 4400 and 4600
    along with a section containing Other LG drivers."

    If you have an LG4600, and you said specifically the MOK you have has
    drivers for that exact phone (there are drivers for 4400 and 4600), why not
    use the drivers for the 4600 with your 4600 phone? Maybe I am missing
    something here, but you have the drivers for the phone you have, yet try em
    for other phones and then ask which to use, when you have the ones to use
    but won't use em... I'm confused.....

    I use the Mobile Office kit. I had somewhat
    similar problems until after much effort discovered
    that the USB to COM port as found under COM
    PORTS must be the same as the port which gets
    installed under modems. You'll get all kinds
    of complaints from Windows, but most don't
    mean anything. If the USB cable is left installed
    the USB to COM port number stays the same.
    If removed it goes away. I uninstall the modem
    with its port then rerun the setup..Good Luck!!

    Hi,
    Yeah I did install both USB to COM drivers first, before pluging in
    the cable. But I never uninstalled the first driver that was installed
    before trying installing the second batch of LG drivers. I am going to
    try to uninstall the drivers from device manager... though I am not
    sure how to do that and don't want to mess up my settings. How exactly
    can I uninstall the USB to COM drivers?
    Thanks

    > Did you install the USB to COM driver stuff FIRST? (comes with two CD's, and
    > the com to usb ****MUST*** be installed first).
    > If not, go to device manager, remove the device, reboot and start over.
    >
    > While the drivers aren't exactly labeled, the fact that NEITHER work at all,
    > says you probably messes up the first part (usb to com).

    If you are using XP, you can just go into control panel/add remove programs,
    and select the old one to delete.

    I would highly recommend removing anything/everything, reboot and then
    reinstall

    Don't forget Fourelle Venturi personal client, Kyocera phone desktop, and
    quicklink mobile
    (some of the USB to com stuff may be registered to that)

    Basically, you want to delete all the old stuff, and reinstall it fresh and
    new. The only way I know of is to delete it all, and then reboot, and then
    reinstall it as if it was new.

    > Hi,
    > Yeah I did install both USB to COM drivers first, before pluging in
    > the cable. But I never uninstalled the first driver that was installed
    > before trying installing the second batch of LG drivers. I am going to
    > try to uninstall the drivers from device manager... though I am not
    > sure how to do that and don't want to mess up my settings. How exactly
    > can I uninstall the USB to COM drivers?
    > Thanks
    >

    >> Did you install the USB to COM driver stuff FIRST? (comes with two
    >> CD's, and the com to usb ****MUST*** be installed first).
    >> If not, go to device manager, remove the device, reboot and start
    >> over.
    >>
    >> While the drivers aren't exactly labeled, the fact that NEITHER work
    >> at all, says you probably messes up the first part (usb to com).

    Hi,
    The thing is that the MOK did not come with any drivers for the LG
    4600. I have been trying to install the drivers for the other LG
    models, that are provided on the cd rom. Verizon sent me an LG 6000
    MOK, even though I ordered one for LG 4600. I assume they are both the
    same, the data cable seems to fit my LG 4600 but I have no drivers for
    it. I am just having a hard time getting the computer to recognize the
    phone as a modem. Thanks for your help.

    "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2jh077F10s4kmU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > "Alex Naptiza" <ghettojid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >> I just got the MOK for LG 4600. The problem is that I can't get my
    > >> computer to recognize the phone... I tried installing the drivers
    > >> that came with the CD but no luck. There are no specific drivers for
    > >> LG 4600 though there are drivers for 4400 and 4600 along with a
    > >> section containing "Other LG drivers." None of these drivers work
    > >> for me. Can you maybe explain to me what can be done to connect the
    > >> phone to the computer using the Mobile Office Kit from Verizon for
    > >> the LG 4600. Thanks
    > >

    > Just out of curiosity, exactly what drivers are you trying? Your post says
    > "I tried installing the drivers that came with the CD but no luck. There are
    > no specific drivers for LG 4600 though there are drivers for 4400 and 4600
    > along with a section containing Other LG drivers."
    >
    > If you have an LG4600, and you said specifically the MOK you have has
    > drivers for that exact phone (there are drivers for 4400 and 4600), why not
    > use the drivers for the 4600 with your 4600 phone? Maybe I am missing
    > something here, but you have the drivers for the phone you have, yet try em
    > for other phones and then ask which to use, when you have the ones to use
    > but won't use em... I'm confused.....

    Hello,
    I don't understand what you are saying, how can I install the USB to
    COM as the port which gets installed under modems. My modem is under
    COM 3, while the USB to COM driver gets installed under COM 1 I
    believe. I don't know how I can get it to install to COM 3. I am
    posting some screenshots, maybe these can help you understand what is
    going on. I took these screen shots after unistalling everything and
    reinstalling drivers for LG 4400 and LG 6000 as you can see in
    scrn5.jpg. I haven't made any progress at all. Thanks

    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ghettojid

    "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message news:<2jh17uF11i4ldU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > I use the Mobile Office kit. I had somewhat
    > similar problems until after much effort discovered
    > that the USB to COM port as found under COM
    > PORTS must be the same as the port which gets
    > installed under modems. You'll get all kinds
    > of complaints from Windows, but most don't
    > mean anything. If the USB cable is left installed
    > the USB to COM port number stays the same.
    > If removed it goes away. I uninstall the modem
    > with its port then rerun the setup..Good Luck!!

    Okay, got it, then it was just a typo when you said "There are no specific
    drivers for LG 4600, though there are drivers for 4400 and 4600" (saw the
    "no drivers for the 4600, though there are drivers for the ... 4600"
    statement and was confused if it had them or not). Could you have meant
    4500, but made a typo and typed 4600?
    At any rate, you can go to the LG website (www.lgeus.com), select products,
    pick the phone, and when you get to the page for that phone, on the right
    hand side click on "USB Modem Driver Download". You will get a file named
    LGUSBModemDriver_Ver_3.9.exe, download it, expand it, and that has the file
    you (I think) are looking for. It's not that much different from what you
    have on the CD

    The trick is to find the website name. Again it's www.lgeus.com

    Marc

    > Hi,
    > The thing is that the MOK did not come with any drivers for the LG
    > 4600. I have been trying to install the drivers for the other LG
    > models, that are provided on the cd rom. Verizon sent me an LG 6000
    > MOK, even though I ordered one for LG 4600. I assume they are both the
    > same, the data cable seems to fit my LG 4600 but I have no drivers for
    > it. I am just having a hard time getting the computer to recognize the
    > phone as a modem. Thanks for your help.
    >

    > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Alex Naptiza" <ghettojid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> Just out of curiosity, exactly what drivers are you trying? Your
    >> post says "I tried installing the drivers that came with the CD but
    >> no luck. There are no specific drivers for LG 4600 though there are
    >> drivers for 4400 and 4600 along with a section containing Other LG
    >> drivers."
    >>
    >> If you have an LG4600, and you said specifically the MOK you have has
    >> drivers for that exact phone (there are drivers for 4400 and 4600),
    >> why not use the drivers for the 4600 with your 4600 phone? Maybe I
    >> am missing something here, but you have the drivers for the phone
    >> you have, yet try em for other phones and then ask which to use,
    >> when you have the ones to use but won't use em... I'm confused.....

    I understand your pain!! I go to Modems and
    remove the phone completely. Then I go to
    Menu, Tools, and run the wizard. This should
    reinstall the phone under modems and reinstall
    the USB to Serial converter with the right COM
    port. If they're not the same it won't work. Incidentally
    contract techs handle this for VZW and I didn't
    get much help. The USB converter is under Systems/
    Device Manager\COM Ports!! Luck

Verizon LG Drivers Internet Service Providers