database corruption

Im trying to set up my computer on the College network. I have went by the
instructions given to me but I'm still not able to perform the tasks needed
for my school work. It seems when i do use the college line my microsoft
office files disappear. How do I protect these files. Tired of losing my
school work. I also used to have front page server, but now it doest
recognize.
--
Hope u have a better day than I!

null

yplzu2 wrote:

> Im trying to set up my computer on the College network. I have went by the
> instructions given to me but I'm still not able to perform the tasks needed
> for my school work. It seems when i do use the college line my microsoft
> office files disappear. How do I protect these files. Tired of losing my
> school work. I also used to have front page server, but now it doest
> recognize.

Have you contacted the college help line?

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

"null" wrote:

> yplzu2 wrote:
>
> > Im trying to set up my computer on the College network. I have went by the
> > instructions given to me but I'm still not able to perform the tasks needed
> > for my school work. It seems when i do use the college line my microsoft
> > office files disappear. How do I protect these files. Tired of losing my
> > school work. I also used to have front page server, but now it doest
> > recognize.
>
> Have you contacted the college help line?
>
> -- thanks for the information, but i have done all of what you suggested except for backing up the registry. I'm afraid of making a copy that may not be no good. Also is it possible to a have a bug in a CDRom drive is so how do i clean it.

> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
> data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
> PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
> liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
> posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
> of this message.

Visit your local computer outlet (I use Radio Shack for this type of item)
and ask for an optical drive cleaner. It is a special cd.

"yplzu2" <bakekb@students.fccj.edu> wrote in message

> "null" wrote:
>
>> yplzu2 wrote:
>>
>> > Im trying to set up my computer on the College network. I have went by
>> > the
>> > instructions given to me but I'm still not able to perform the tasks
>> > needed
>> > for my school work. It seems when i do use the college line my
>> > microsoft
>> > office files disappear. How do I protect these files. Tired of losing
>> > my
>> > school work. I also used to have front page server, but now it doest
>> > recognize.
>>
>> Have you contacted the college help line?
>>
>> -- thanks for the information, but i have done all of what you suggested
>> except for backing up the registry. I'm afraid of making a copy that may
>> not be no good. Also is it possible to a have a bug in a CDRom drive is
>> so how do i clean it.
>

>> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
>> data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
>> PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
>> liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
>> posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
>> of this message.

Colin
Thanks for trying to answer the posting but i was referring to a program
bug, not the actual bug itself. I'm sorry if u misunderstood or that I may
be misunderstood. Only thing I can do is try it and see.
thanks a bunch
yplzu2

Ps. I will let u know if it works out