alphabetize files and folders together

The normal view in Windows Explorer lists folders first and then files.
Thus, regardless of which sort option you choose, folders will always
be listed first and then the files (or files first and then the
folders). I would like the sorting to be done without regard to whether
the icon is for a folder or file.

For example, I would like to somehow get the following view:

Name Size Type
AFile.doc 38 KB MS Word Document
My Pictures File Folder
ZFile.doc 20 KB MS Word Document

Is this possible?

Thank you.

On 23 Feb 2005 11:18:52 -0800, Ashish_Agarwal@cal.berkeley.edu wrote:

> The normal view in Windows Explorer lists folders first and then files.

Try grouping by date in Explorer. I think that's as close as you can get to
what you want using Windows settings.

View>Arrange Icons By... Modified (Date) and also tick "show in groups."
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Arrange icons by name, and show in groups. This will show a group for each
letter of the alphabet that begins a file or folder name. Within each group
the folders will still come first, though.