Craig

On a new machine with XP Pro (after SP2), occasionally when I enter my
password, XP hangs, requiring a cold boot. Fortunately, the next try gets
in. Happens when I try to log in initially as an administrator or as a user.
Any ideas what is going on?

TIA,
Craig.

Look in eventlog (start->run->eventvwr.msc) to see if there's warnings or
errors.

--
Walter Clayton