Files marked Access Denied

I am Windows XP Pro user and in one of my directory I have a number of file
headings which are empty but I am unable to delete them, everytime I try I
get the message Access Denied

My computer is new and this directory was copied from my old machine which
was at that time connected to a network and used shared folders.

Is there a way I can clean up my files

Kind regards,

dennisl

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

"How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User