Access Denied

I am a Windows XP Pro user and I have a directory in which are a number of
file names (files) which are empty but which I an unable to delete, everytime
I try I get a message "Access Denied" I am signed in as an administrator

My computer is quite new but this directory was copied over from my old
computer which was used on a network and was setup for Shared Files

Is there anything I can do to delete these files ?

Kind regards,

Dennis Lawrence
3 answers Last reply
More about access denied

    Dennis Lawrence uttered the following on 2/23/2005 8:13 PM:
    > I am a Windows XP Pro user and I have a directory in which are a number of
    > file names (files) which are empty but which I an unable to delete, everytime
    > I try I get a message "Access Denied" I am signed in as an administrator
    >
    > My computer is quite new but this directory was copied over from my old
    > computer which was used on a network and was setup for Shared Files
    >
    > Is there anything I can do to delete these files ?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Dennis Lawrence
    Hey Dennis, check this out ... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
    hope it helps.
    krok

    Hi Krok,

    Thank you for the information, from that document, I have been able to fix
    the problem

    Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction

    Kind regards,

    dennisl

    "krok dundee" wrote:

    > Dennis Lawrence uttered the following on 2/23/2005 8:13 PM:
    > > I am a Windows XP Pro user and I have a directory in which are a number of
    > > file names (files) which are empty but which I an unable to delete, everytime
    > > I try I get a message "Access Denied" I am signed in as an administrator
    > >
    > > My computer is quite new but this directory was copied over from my old
    > > computer which was used on a network and was setup for Shared Files
    > >
    > > Is there anything I can do to delete these files ?
    > >
    > > Kind regards,
    > >
    > > Dennis Lawrence
    > Hey Dennis, check this out ... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
    > hope it helps.
    > krok

    Just want to say Thanks to krok dundee. I had made a backup CD of Program
    Files and then couldn't delete an MS dll file from the "Ready to Copy"
    folder. I followed your advice to Dennis Lawrence and it worked fine!

    "krok dundee" wrote:

    > Dennis Lawrence uttered the following on 2/23/2005 8:13 PM:
    > > I am a Windows XP Pro user and I have a directory in which are a number of
    > > file names (files) which are empty but which I an unable to delete, everytime
    > > I try I get a message "Access Denied" I am signed in as an administrator
    > >
    > > My computer is quite new but this directory was copied over from my old
    > > computer which was used on a network and was setup for Shared Files
    > >
    > > Is there anything I can do to delete these files ?
    > >
    > > Kind regards,
    > >
    > > Dennis Lawrence
    > Hey Dennis, check this out ... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
    > hope it helps.