ES Sorc is not a joke build after all

Another Jabber build proven to work.

LUT GHOLEIN (Reuters) Jabber, the mad scientist of bio-engineered
evil-fighters, has announced today that his latest design, an Energy
Shield/Enchant build with Static Field backup, is tearing her way through
the Rogue's Monastery and is ready to take on the hordes of living dead in
and around the desert city.
"Slayer BzzzzzzzztGah is performing excellently. By switching gear at the
start of her adventures, she can cast a high level [21] Energy Shield. With
her companion Pratham providing the Meditation and Prayer, and her own
innate Warmth skill [16], her mana pool seldom drops below 90%. Her new bow,
Kuko Shakaku, enables her to cut through enemies like knife through butter.
I could not be happier with this build."

Things will only get tougher for the minions of evil from this point on,
Jabber said. The only thing he's missing? A Shaftstop.
"Oh yes. We have a lot of surprises in store, including a Demon Machine, a
Hellrack, an Arachnid Mesh, an SoJ, an Ormus Robes, Tal Rasha's
Amulet...they won't stand a chance."
The plan is to maximise Energy Shield, so that with the pre-buffing
equipment, level 41 can be reached. Enchant, Warmth and Fire Mastery will
also be maxed, with remaining points in Telekinesis to reduce the mana burn.
When asked what the ideal item would be for this design, Jabber's answer was
simple, if not demanding.
"A 4-socket, +3 Energy Shield +3 Enchant staff. Then I woke up and ate my
cornflakes."

Jabber has come up with numerous crazy designs, including a Meteor
Barbarian, an Immortal King sorcerer, and a "Firing Squad" necromancer. He
also had his luck stolen by Kaytie.

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.

    The luck may be with Kaytie but is has also been cloned and is existing
    in the HC universe.

    Just ask Bongo and I

    UM runes

    Bongo 3
    Orion 2

    PUL runes (= 1/2 UM)

    Bongo 2
    Orion 1

    GUL runes

    Bongo and Orion tied at one apiece

    Bonehews

    Bongo and Orion tied at one apiece

    Kukos and RavenClaws up the wazhoo
    Jalel's everywhere
    Magefists at every hamburger stand
    Titan's for tent poles in every major city
    Inferno Strides at every shoe store and online

    What we are lacking are the mad insane builds that you relish in in the
    SC universe.

    Gottagobye

    Orion Ryder

    Chris Lansdell wrote.
    > Jabber has come up with numerous crazy designs, including a Meteor
    > Barbarian, an Immortal King sorcerer, and a "Firing Squad"
    necromancer. He
    > also had his luck stolen by Kaytie.
    >

    > --
    > Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote,
    should go
    > here.
    > Ah well.

    Thats very unfair *pout* everybody snatches my itty bitty luck they say
    I snatch thiers :(. And I need my little luck back if I still had it
    maybe 1 of the nightwing veils I found would have been a perfect 1.

    Kaytie<--innocent luck snatching victim

    Couple of questions... How will you deal with FI's in Hell? Static will
    only get you to half. I guess the merc helps. There are a lot of them
    in Hell. Or is this build designed to tag along with others?

    About your equipment... You may not want a Shaftstop. An Iron Pelt will
    be better considering the amounts of damage you will be getting after
    your ES, Glad bane even better. Also not sure if there is any DR or MDR
    in your gear. Guess it's not as important in SC. In HC though, you
    would want about 50 in each even with a max ES. ummm also not sure how
    a Tal Ammy helps you... prebuff uses a +3 I assume, and +skills won't
    really help a Ranged Enchantress.

    Good Luck with it.

    chaliban

    Well, my thoughts are that the best gear for ammy and circlet are
    +skills of life everlasting. That gets you to potentially 50+DR right
    there (Sols in helm). That might even be enough, so you then need some
    MDR. If you want to keep the +skills, go for Viper. A 20 Viper with 13
    MDR is easy to trade for. Stick a Sol in that too. Grab a Dwarf Star or
    two and that gets you to almost 50 MDR.

    I think I posted in another thread somewhere some links about the ES
    Sorc.

    Most importantly though, "damage to mana" is not important to this
    build, even though it instinctively feels like it should. (I have
    finally successfully drummed it into my head). The reason is that you
    are making a character that takes 0 or very little final damage. It is
    the final damage that goes to mana. Any significant damage will be
    killing you so it doesn't really help, especially as your mana bulb
    will be a lot bigger than your life bulb.

    And two main things to be careful about... mana burn and Poison.

    Not sure how ES Sorcs reliably get around the single tree/immunity
    problem. Static and a good merc are good. Any secondary skills will be
    poor. Maybe FO/Firewall which is not really that good, since you will
    have two timered spells.

    "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Couple of questions... How will you deal with FI's in Hell? Static will
    > only get you to half. I guess the merc helps. There are a lot of them
    > in Hell. Or is this build designed to tag along with others?
    >
    > About your equipment... You may not want a Shaftstop. An Iron Pelt will
    > be better considering the amounts of damage you will be getting after
    > your ES, Glad bane even better. Also not sure if there is any DR or MDR
    > in your gear. Guess it's not as important in SC. In HC though, you
    > would want about 50 in each even with a max ES. ummm also not sure how
    > a Tal Ammy helps you... prebuff uses a +3 I assume, and +skills won't
    > really help a Ranged Enchantress.

    Renewed plans are looking like Ammy/Hat from Tals, giving me mana and life
    out the wazoo. Damage to mana is important for this build as well, but I
    don't know if I can afford Tal belt over Arachnid. Until 80 I can anyway.
    Any suggestions for a better ammy?

    FIs....Hellrack. Or Nova I guess, I have a ridiculous amount of +skills (+14
    to lightning in prebuff gear), but not sure if I can spare the points. She's
    49 and working on maxing Warmth, ES is next. I could pass up FM for Nova,
    but the damage will be meh. Thoughts?

    --
    Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
    here.
    Ah well.

Build Video Games