HP Pavilion 6745C 700Mhz additional 128MB Memory Not Recog..

Hello,

I added a Kingston 128MB PC66 168-pin DIM (memory module) to the
second memory slot of my HP Pavilion 6745C personal computer (there
are only two memory slots on the motherboard). When booting the PC it
still only sees the original 64MB memory in the first slot.

What should I do in order to get it to see the 128MB that I installed
in the second slot?

Do I need to move the 128MB DIMM to the first slot and take out the
original 64MB DIMM altogether?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

On the seventh day, Glo Worm wrote...

> Hello,
>
> I added a Kingston 128MB PC66 168-pin DIM (memory module) to the
> second memory slot of my HP Pavilion 6745C personal computer (there
> are only two memory slots on the motherboard). When booting the PC it
> still only sees the original 64MB memory in the first slot.
>
> What should I do in order to get it to see the 128MB that I installed
> in the second slot?
>
> Do I need to move the 128MB DIMM to the first slot and take out the
> original 64MB DIMM altogether?
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

It's possibly just left out because of its speed spec. Use some PC100/PC133
spec SDRAM DIMM and everything should work.

Nobody tosses a dwarf! - Gimli

On the seventh day, Christian Dürrhauer wrote...

> On the seventh day, Glo Worm wrote...
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I added a Kingston 128MB PC66 168-pin DIM (memory module) to the
>> second memory slot of my HP Pavilion 6745C personal computer (there
>> [...]
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> It's possibly just left out because of its speed spec. Use some PC100/PC133
> spec SDRAM DIMM and everything should work.

I forgot: Please use DIMMs with 8 chips for 128mo (these are 128mbit chips
then) just to be sure.

Maybe you remember the Russian fable Cinderella. If the shoe
fits, wear it. - Chekov, "Star Trek VI"