Linksys BEFW11S4 Internet IP Address

Guys, how do I allow external users to access my web server? It is not
192.168.1.101 for this is only available locally. It is not (My
Internet IP Address) since this accesses my router settings.

Lance

Jonathan Wolfson said the following on 9/3/2004 6:13 AM:
> Guys, how do I allow external users to access my web server? It is not
> 192.168.1.101 for this is only available locally. It is not (My
> Internet IP Address) since this accesses my router settings.

You're interested in learning about something called "port forwarding."
The BEFW11S4 can be set up to do this.

The Linksys manual is a good place to start reading and perhaps this
link may help too:
<http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20021022.shtml>

Lance
*****