Add or remove programs incomplete list

I have a computer which, on going into "add or remove programs" displays an
incomplete list of the programs installed.

Does anyone know why this should happen please.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions
3 answers Last reply
More about remove programs incomplete list

    You might want to check this Microsoft site to see if this is the same
    problem:

    "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have a computer which, on going into "add or remove programs" displays
    an
    > incomplete list of the programs installed.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this should happen please.
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway
    > Computer Solutions

    Just because Windows XP has the Add or Remove Programs feature it doesn't
    mean your application will appear in the list.

    Do the programs end at particular letter in the alphabet? A maybe? If so,
    you may have a huge white space, scroll down in Add or Remove Programs to
    see if this is the problem.

    If it is...

    Courtesy of Kelly
    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Add or Remove - White Space
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws

    [[This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From
    here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last
    application listed:
    Start/Run/Regedit:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{} ]]

    AutoCad Fix
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip

    Autodesk Land Desktop 3 Fix
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip

    ===

    I have AutoCAD LT 2000i. The white space in Add or Remove Programs usually
    shows up after the AutoCAD LT 2000i listing. If you want to tweak the
    registry...

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0065-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_SZ
    Value Data: C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2000i\aclt.exe,-1

    Notice the aclt.exe,-1?? You can change it to read aclt.exe,1

    Or you can run one of the fixes. I have both autocadaddremovefix.zip &
    autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip. They both include icons.
    autocadaddremovefix.vbs is the one that works for me. It's easier to use
    the fix than changing the -1.

    I get the white space in Add or Remove Programs every time that I add or
    remove a program. It isn't always AutoCAD LT that has the white space after
    it, sometimes it's another program. At any rate, one of the fixes will
    work. Until the next time. ;-)

    autocadaddremovefix.vbs adds an autocad.ico icon to the %systemroot%\web
    folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Value Data: %systemroot%\web\autocad.ico

    autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.vbs adds an acad.ico icon to the
    %systemroot%\web folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Value Data: %systemroot%\web\acad.ico
    -----
    ***
    From snowman...
    AutoCAD 2002 is
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    -----
    ***
    From anonymous poster...

    One application causes the problem for me. I just removed the reference to
    that program in regedit and the black spot dissapeared.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:cvli1f$v4j$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
    Bill Ridgeway <info@1001solutions.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
    > I have a computer which, on going into "add or remove programs"
    > displays an incomplete list of the programs installed.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this should happen please.
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway
    > Computer Solutions

    Show All Files in Add/Remove Programs
    http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,24330,3352313,00.html

    "Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

    > I have a computer which, on going into "add or remove programs" displays an
    > incomplete list of the programs installed.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this should happen please.
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway
    > Computer Solutions

Computers Microsoft Windows XP