Initial opinion my new P4 built system

hokey_days

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2003
Thanks to some of you-I changed my mind recently from buying a Dell Dimension PC, to building my own PC.

I finished (for the most part) putting the system together this weekend, and I wanted to say thanks to those who convinced me to build rather than "buy". It was a great experience building my own dream PC.

I am not an expert at PCs, somewhere in the middle, and I did not find putting the PC together to be too difficult.

Here is what I bought:
P4 2.4 Intel (plan to upgrade later, maybe overclock 4 now)
Asus P4C800 motherboard
Transcend 3200DDR memory
ATI 9700 PRO video card
Antec Sonata case (380 watts)

I already had hard drives, CD-ROM, burner, and floppy drives, so just moved from old system to new system.

Having never put a PC together, it went fairly smooth, although I am not done yet. I have a couple peripherals still to install. I first installed the barebones to make sure it worked, then I plan to add stuff so that it is easier to pinpoint any problems that may arise.

The Antec Sonata is a kick ass case!!! Blue neon lights in the front, SHINY black all over, VERY QUIET for a p4 system, easy to install!!!

I still have a lot of work to do, installing software, TV card, burner, etc. but so far, all systems are a go and it rocks!!

thx.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
That's great! BTW, you would find it quite straightforward in putting all the hardware components together. However, I guess the most time consuming part is software/drivers installation and tweaking and getting the programs to work.