New KOTOR game

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone else disappointed that the new knights of the old republic game is going to be an MMORPG?

After playing world of warcraft, and swearing off MMORPG's forever, its disappointing to me this game wont be single player. I am hoping this isnt going to be a trend with rpg's in general, as i enjoy single player rpg's and like to be able to you know, save games and play/stop when ever i want without losing progress. I suppose thats where the money is at these days though. I do recall though reading an preview, that you can team up with npc's to approach the game content. if you are capable of doing everything in the game via this approach it may show promise, but my days of being able commit 3 hour more hours, completely un interupted in one sitting, to game are long over.

kryptkilla

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Oh and if u look it up they have said that it will be very much like kotor, except with ppl online.

You will be able to talk to NPCs, unlock stuff through conversation, build a party, make decisions.

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

Yeah thats what i heard. I am just hoping theres nothing that requires you to party with online players and sink in 4 hours in one sitting. I would really like it if you could approach the entire game on your own, so i can play at my own pace.

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
yeah, i'd like an Very good single player game, but with online people too!
its like a fake version of life with 10x more awesome effects

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
kotor is set in the star wars universe with new characters as its based 1000 years before the film...its an RPG game. Really very good and worth checking out.
The conbat system takes a bit of getting used to but the story is amazing.