Assigning User Account Privileges

When I log on as Administrator I can do anything I want, When I log on in a
limited account I can't even connect to the internet because I don't have
permission. So how do I as Administrator assign privileges to a limited
account? Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about assigning user account privileges

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:37:08 -0800, KliQr wrote:

    > When I log on as Administrator I can do anything I want, When I log on in a
    > limited account I can't even connect to the internet because I don't have
    > permission. So how do I as Administrator assign privileges to a limited
    > account? Thank you.

    While logged onto the administrator account, double click the network
    connection that supplies the internet connection. Move the tick next to
    "only me" to "allow all users to use" (may not be exact words but will be
    similar). That should make the internet connection available to the limited
    user account.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    I cannot find the "only me" or "allow other users" option, or anything that
    resembles it. I've gone to, Control Panel - Network Connections - Dial Up
    Connection Status - Properties - and searched under all the tabs. I must be
    looking in the wrong spot. Can you give me any more suggestions?

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:35:03 -0800, KliQr wrote:

    > I cannot find the "only me" or "allow other users" option, or anything that
    > resembles it. I've gone to, Control Panel - Network Connections - Dial Up
    > Connection Status - Properties - and searched under all the tabs. I must be
    > looking in the wrong spot. Can you give me any more suggestions?
    >
    > "KliQr" wrote:

    KliQr, my router takes care of all this for me now so don't have screens to
    refer to. However, those choices weren't in Properties. I remember double
    clicking the icon in Network Connections to see them.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Connection Microsoft Internet Windows XP