Assigning User Account Privileges

February 26, 2005 11:37:08 AM

When I log on as Administrator I can do anything I want, When I log on in a
limited account I can't even connect to the internet because I don't have
permission. So how do I as Administrator assign privileges to a limited
account? Thank you.
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 5:42:51 PM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:37:08 -0800, KliQr wrote:

> When I log on as Administrator I can do anything I want, When I log on in a
> limited account I can't even connect to the internet because I don't have
> permission. So how do I as Administrator assign privileges to a limited
> account? Thank you.

While logged onto the administrator account, double click the network
connection that supplies the internet connection. Move the tick next to
"only me" to "allow all users to use" (may not be exact words but will be
similar). That should make the internet connection available to the limited
user account.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I cannot find the "only me" or "allow other users" option, or anything that
resembles it. I've gone to, Control Panel - Network Connections - Dial Up
Connection Status - Properties - and searched under all the tabs. I must be
looking in the wrong spot. Can you give me any more suggestions?

"KliQr" wrote:

> When I log on as Administrator I can do anything I want, When I log on in a
> limited account I can't even connect to the internet because I don't have
> permission. So how do I as Administrator assign privileges to a limited
> account? Thank you.
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 9:28:54 PM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:35:03 -0800, KliQr wrote:

> I cannot find the "only me" or "allow other users" option, or anything that
> resembles it. I've gone to, Control Panel - Network Connections - Dial Up
> Connection Status - Properties - and searched under all the tabs. I must be
> looking in the wrong spot. Can you give me any more suggestions?
>
> "KliQr" wrote:

KliQr, my router takes care of all this for me now so don't have screens to
refer to. However, those choices weren't in Properties. I remember double
clicking the icon in Network Connections to see them.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User