Alright, here's a toughie!

jonyb222

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
Hello everyone, I've recently been remembering some of the old games I used to play on my computer when I was young, but I require help in knowing what exactly those games were (these games are quite old, the latest they could be would be just before Windows 2000/ME)

1. This game had many "areas" each area had a character which you compete against you in games of knowledge (Math, English and the like) One of the area's character was a robber/thief guy, this area had a tree house (where you would be asked questions, some of which I remember involved the months and days of the week) and an underground tunnel where you and him took turn digging a certain amount of square to get to a treasure or vault of some kind, this game was exactly like the poison number game (except in this case you WANT to have the last block) This was the area I spent the most time in. Another area, had what I think was a hedge maze with white roman columns the character in this one (NOT SURE) had a white shirt/trench coat and may have been blond. As the game progressed and you won the mini games) you earned points for that area, after a while your points would "level up" as in become a different sort of points and after a while the game would tell you you cannot get more points from that area until you leveled up the other areas.

2. This game had you choose between a guy and a girl (both non-human). This game consisted mostly of you going against different opponents (the first being a big bulldog (maybe blue) and his cronies, unknown, some aliens with big heads and finally a human girl (that I think was of brown colour, she might also be skipping rope in the challenger screen)) in a game of wits, the game was based as a two man race you and the opponent) at each relay point you had to stop and answer question, you got point for answering them right (you also had different tools with you used to measure different things, such as current/amps(not sure which) and maybe temperature) , the more you got the more points you had, once you decided you had enough (don't know if there was a limited amount of questions you could choose your mode of transportation to the next point (from slowest/cheapest to fastest/expensive) the cheapest option (might have been free) was to run to the next point this option sucked and usually caused a brutal defeat, other options were: (skateboard/roller blades, monster truck/4-wheeler, and speed car (think jaguar/Ferrari) as well as others) Every now and then there would be pauses in the game as the announcer of the race interviewed you or your opponents.

I do believe these we DOS based games but I was playing them on Windows (as in when I pressed the icon, DOS appeared and the game started from there)

pholca

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
i really dont know what game is that and what i remember about DOS games is prince of persia. i really like it way way back. i also like playing the mario and the other one is i forgot the title but its like a fat guy getting all the hearts to advance to the next level. but that was before now im mote on console games and MMORPG like cabal and atlantica online

jonyb222

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008

Lil something called nostalgia, also those games were very fun, granted they were made for children (which not surprisingly I was back then) they were quite fun, I want to remember them because first:
■I wasn't well aware of stuff back then
■The games were in my second language (English)
Hence the not remembering much and also wanting to re-visit them.