Sign in with
Your question

Best game for a 5 year old?

Last response: in Video Games
March 24, 2009 2:25:34 AM

Anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good game to play with my son on a pc? Crysis and left4dead are a wee bit too violent.

But the real kiddie type game also bore him a lot. He likes world of goo, but its a bit too hard for him (well, a lot too hard, even though he managed to knock off a level alone).

Something with some eye candy would be cool too.

Suggestions?

More about : game year

March 24, 2009 8:42:27 AM

Mario Cart style racing game
Related resources
March 24, 2009 8:54:56 AM

My just turned 6 year old loves spore up to the space age, enjoys all the scooby doo games, all the simple puzzle games such as bejewled. He has finished alot of the movie tie-in games such as ice age 2 and shrek 2 & 3. (all for the PC).
March 24, 2009 11:16:13 AM

World of Goo? Mebbes you have a physics genius on your hands.
March 24, 2009 11:39:44 PM

tobensg said:
Mario Cart style racing game

I agree. I play this game even now, i think he can enjoy this game.. it's just easy for the children to play...
March 27, 2009 2:43:04 PM

You could check out "Second Hand Lands". It's a fairy tale MMORPG, a parody on fantasy MMORPGs and fairy tales, in some ways similar to Shrek. You play as a wolf, sheep or a two-legged furball (squirrel, skunk, bear, cat or whatever). One of the most unique aspects of the game is that players can ride each other if one player is wolf/sheep and another a furball. You can kill things (piggy banks, princess pwnys and other hilarious stuff), save kittens in distress, help mafia boss Don Humpty Dumpty to defeat Salmonella, milk monkeys, gather resources for crafting, help seven gnomes to hold a decent tea party, raid boss monsters at higher levels with other players and do other stuff.

video trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3PPdMK8hoA

March 27, 2009 2:44:47 PM

Whoa.....raids?

Im there!
March 27, 2009 5:14:00 PM

Mario Kart for sure if you have a Wii.

My buddies kid loves TF2 as well. It is violent but at least in a cartoony way. He has been playing for 2 years since he was 5, only uses the W key and does really well.
March 27, 2009 5:19:53 PM

peggle, or some age appropriate pop cap games are fun for kids, and they are easy enugh to get and with steam (plus most are cheap) as a matter of fact some versions of peggle are free...
March 28, 2009 1:21:46 AM

CptTripps said:

only uses the W key and does really well.

Is his favorite class pyro? :D 
March 28, 2009 8:55:52 AM

nicros said:
Anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good game to play with my son on a pc? Crysis and left4dead are a wee bit too violent.

But the real kiddie type game also bore him a lot. He likes world of goo, but its a bit too hard for him (well, a lot too hard, even though he managed to knock off a level alone).

Something with some eye candy would be cool too.

Suggestions?

buy him a wii, ps3, or xbox.. your son should really love that.. hehehe.. :D 
March 28, 2009 2:36:51 PM

Buy an old N64 for $20 - then find Banjo Kazooie for $5
March 30, 2009 8:31:50 PM

I am not sure what the age ranges are for this game but check out Crayon Physics. There is a free demo to test it out. I had a blast with the demo. The object is really simple, get the ball to the star but leaves lots of room for imagination.

http://www.crayonphysics.com/
!