Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

ive recently installed a cd-rw drive. for about a day or two i was still able
to play my combat flight simulator game. but now it ask's to put the cd in
and when i do it just seems to spin but for some reason tells me it can
locate it! I bought a new disc (monopoly) and it isnt installing it. When i
try to do it manualy, it just spins for a minute and then tells me INSERT
DISC. what did i screw up??

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:D739407E-A27B-41EB-AD11-E0454433B432@microsoft.com,
jerry <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> what did i screw up??

The CD ROM... Check the cables, check the device in the device manager to
make sure that there's no yellow exclamaition points, and consider cleaning
it as it may just be dirty.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes